Chapter 17

Your POV

Fear lead me inside and showed me everyone. They all seemed nice. Jeff the Killer and Jane the Killer were fighting in the training yard behind the house, Slenderman and his brothers were talking in the dining room, and BEN, Sally and Laughing Jack were in the living room playing video games.

"You better take the Somnia to Slender. He'll tell you about the book a bit more. Also, if you need me for anything, look for the door with the heart with an X through it." Fear said and went into the living room.

I looked into the dining room. Slender and his brothers were still talking. Slender looked over at me and stopped talking.

"Come in, child." He beckoned.

I walked in with the book in my arms. I stopped when I reached the table.

"You can put the book down. We mean the humans existence no harm."

I nodded and set the Somnia down on the table. I looked back up at him. "Are you going to tell me more about the book, or about this war?"

He took the book and looked it over. He set it back down. "The war you speak of has been raging for...60 years now. There are some Pastas that wanted to rid the world of humans. They say that Creepypastas are the superior race and they should not hide in the shadows. Zalgo and his followers simple call them Rebels. However, the Rebels haven't attacked lately. They're lying dormant somewhere."

"Attacks? I never heard of any attacks in my history class." I sat in the dining chair across from him.

"Zalgo makes sure that the humans don't know of their possible demise. If they knew of their possible extinction, all hell would break loose. We as killers don't want that to happen."

"Then why do they want the book?"

"The Rebels are not powerful enough to destroy all the humans themselves. They need the Somnia to take control of a more powerful Pasta. If they have a single page, they could wipe out 1/4 of all humans on Earth."

My eyes widened. "So...what's...my role in this war?"

"Simple. To keep the book out of the Rebels hands."

I look at the book. "Is it bad if I open the Somnia?"

Slender shakes his head. "No, if you wish to open it, you'll have to figure it out yourself."

I looked up at him. "What do you mean?"

"We cannot open the book, we don't have the key."

I hold up my wing necklace. I take it off and I put the charm in the book's lock. I turn it. As I turn it, I hear clicks coming from the book's lock. Then, the lock opens. My hands shake as I open the book. The first page showed Sally. I flipped through the pages until I came to one that looked unfinished.

I felt a hand on my shoulder as I read the name at the top...Zalgo...