Chapter 26

Your POV

I shook my head. "Zalgo, I'm not ready to marry you. I'm only 16."

He frowned. "Y/N...I know you're 16...I understand that you're not ready. I just don't want to lose you to anyone else." He looked down at me. "I just want you to be with me until you are ready. The UnderRealm is the safest place during this war. No one that is a Rebel or human can enter the UnderRealm."

I looked away. "But will I be able to come back here on my own?"

"If you use a spell, you can."

I went quiet.

"If you wish to stay, I will be visiting you every night." He sighed.

I shook my head. "No, I'll go with you. My rival is dead and I have no other reason to be here I guess." I looked up at him.

He smiled warmly. "Take my hand and stay close. My portals are colder than Death's Realm." He had me stand.

I walk with him over to his portal. I could feel the cold coming from the portal.

He looked down at me and held me close. "Do not be afraid. The souls I had collected are inside. Some wish to harm, so stay close and don't let go of my hand."

I nodded.

We stepped inside his portal. The cold hit me like I walked into a wall. I looked around. I saw faces, some more detailed than others. My eyes laid on one face, one that I could recognize.

"Mom?" I called out.

My mother's soul did not respond.

"Mom!" I called out, louder this time.

The soul turned. "Y/N?" It looked around.

"Yes, mom! It's me!"

Zalgo looked over at the soul.

"Where are you? It's so cold..." It continued to look around for me.

"Mom! I'm right here!" I went to reach out to her.

"No!!" Zalgo went to grab my hand.

Another soul wrapped its colder than ice hands around my extending arm. I screamed out in pain. I saw through its hands and I saw my arm burn from the cold soul.

Zalgo pulled my arm back. He pulled the soul off from my arm and stepped out of an opening. He held me close as the portal closed. He let me go and stared at me. "Don't reach out in my portals! It makes you an easy target!" He yelled.

I held my arm close to my body. It was cold as ice. Tears run down my face from the pain and from Zalgo yelling at me.

He stopped yelling when he saw I was crying. His face went stoic and he walked away without another word.