Chapter 15

Your POV

I ran until I reached my house. I slammed the front door shut and locked it. I then ran around the house, locking the back door and all the windows. As I went into my room, I opened the door to see a woman sitting on the window sill. I backed up, but my door was shut. I tried to open it, but it wouldn't. I turned back to the woman.

She laughed a bit.
"How pathetic. You can even open a simple door."
She stood up and walked up to me.

I held out the cross to her. She didn't stop.
"S-stay back!!"

"That charm will protect you from harm, but it will not ward us off. Besides, I just want to talk."
She stood in front of me.

I looked at her. I dropped the charm to my neck.
"Who are you?"

"We've met before. However, I believe Zalgo erased your memory. My name is Fear Bringer, harbinger of nightmares and true fear."

"Zalgo erased my memory? Why?"

"I cannot answer that I'm afraid. So, you're the new oracle?"

I nodded.
"I guess so."

"Well you don't need to worry about me or anyone in the Slender Mansion. They don't care about destroying all of humanity."

"Then who does?"

"All other Creepypastas, I'm afraid."

I look at the book that fell on the floor in my panic. I pick it up. I look at the lock on the front. It wasn't a normal key lock. It looked as if an object would fit. I look at the charm and saw it was in the same shape as the lock. I put the cross in the lock.

The book and the cross glowed. I watched as the cross and lock changed into a silver wing. The book opened.

Fear looked over my shoulder.
"Now you're definitely the new oracle. And it looks like you're a special one at that."

I looked at her when the book stopped glowing.
"What do you me?"

She laughed.
"It seems your not exactly human. What? I don't know."
She paused. She gave me a serious look.
"You should come with me. I know some people who will protect you."
She walked over to the window and climbed out onto the roof.

I grabbed my phone and I held onto the book in my arms. I climbed out onto the roof with Fear. She grabbed my arm before I slipped on a loose shingle.

"Careful."
She then jumped to the ground and looked up at me.
"I'll catch you."

I looked down and I jumped. I fell to the ground. I didn't hit the ground though. Fear caught me.
"Thanks."

She put me down.
"No problem."
She walked over to the edge of the woods.
"Don't worry. I'll protect you."

I walked with her through the woods.