Make You Fall (Part Three)

August 25, 2022

*Charlie's POV*

If I could express how frustrated I am in ways other than sighing, grunting and eye rolling right now, believe me I would. If there were enough words I knew to truly make you understand, you'd be reading for days. Why am I so frustrated you might wonder. Well, to put it simply, my afraid-of-commitment-not-boyfriend-boyfriend has gone off the deep end again and is for some reason or another, avoiding me.

I sigh for the millionth time today and drop down on the bed in the room I'm sharing with Seth, where said man is currently not present. Where is he? Ask anyone but me, because I sure as hell don't know. Probably shaking like a damn skittish chihuahua, picking a fight with an animal for a dang hiding spot just so he doesn't have to face me.

This is why I didn't want to rush things. Why that date was too much for him after he'd just gotten comfortable with the fact that he likes me and wants me to stick around longer than a night. I'm really happy about that to be honest, because that last conversation I had with him at his house, when I pretended to have such confidence in us and him, to be honest I was terrified that was the last time I'd see him. It pains me to say it, but I think I've come to love the stupid, flirtatious, idiot.

The day Kai went into the hospital, before we found out, had actually been pretty nice. He randomly showed up at the flat and started apologizing and gushing about wanting to try, wanting to truly trust in me and wanting me to believe him when he says he never wants to hurt me like he did again. He even shed a couple tears, kissing me and rambling on about how much of an idiot he'd been and that he doesn't deserve the second chance, but was so damn grateful for it. It warmed my heart, and more so that he just stayed and cuddle with me and had a cute at home lunch date with me. Cooking and and entertaining me and being his ever-bubbly and sassy self. It was just like when we started, only this time, neither of us bothered denying our attraction for the other.

How has it lead to my being ignored? Well... it began two days ago on Ollie's birthday, the day Seth brought me out on our third date. A cute little picnic. It honestly was the most romantic thing. Seth dragged me out into the woods and to be honest I was concerned we were lost until we got to this one clearing that lead us up on to a hill/cliff like thing that looked over the lake the camp is on.

"Where the hell are you bringing me?" I groan, chuckling despite by exasperation.

Seth grins back at me, "It's a surprise, babe."

I blush at the pet name and shut up, letting him continue to pull me forward. He has a tendency to act really couple-y with me and it's been so long since anyone has treated me this way that I can't help but feel like a lovestruck teen again. The only other person to make me feel this way was Jace, and even he didn't get such bashful reactions out of me. This boy, I'll tell you, is something else.

Soon, we come out into this big grassy clearing and Seth is setting out the blanket and food atop the big hill as I creep closer to the edge of the cliff and look out over the lake. The sun is gleaming on the surfave of the water and I can see people swimming and a couple kayaks going along peacefully a ways away. With not a cloud in the sky, it's a perfect day for a picnic.

Arms wrap around my waist just then and I grin as I lean back against Seth's warmth, enjoying the feel of his slender, but strong arms encircling me and making me feel safe and cozy. His lips press gently between my throat and shoulder, making me shiver as he whispers along my skin, "Lunch is served, Charlie."

I adore the way he says my name.

Smiling, I take his hand and lead him over to the blanket where we sit together, him half laying in my lap as we feed each other the little fruits, veggies, and finger sandwiches he packed. The food is lovely and when we're done, I just sit there content with his head in my lap, combing my fingers gently through his colourful hair while he lays there with his eyes close, a pleasant smile resting on his lips.