The Possibility of Someday

August 26, 2022

Running into the main cabin that morning has to be the most embarassing and also happy moments I've ever had. The girls all sit at the table, snickering quietly as everyone seems to leave our arrival unnoticed until finally Charlie glances up and does a double take before cursing. "Holy shit."

At that, everyone turns to see Jace and I standing there, a little out of breath from the run over, but what all their eyes glance down at is our now clasped hands. Charlie's shock turns immediately into a warm smile as he winks at me, making my blush worsen, but the girls all just chuckle as Seth practically flies out of his seat and launches himself into my arms, hugging me suffocatingly tight.

"You listened to me! I told you you could do it! Ah, I feel like a proud momma!" He exclaims, before launching himself at a very surprised Jace next. "And you! You better take good care of my best friend!"

I smile happily and pull Seth off of poor Jace, "Down, Fido. Go cling to your own man."

Seth grins and happily saunters back over to Charlie, casually sitting across his lap and wrapping his arms around the not-so-surprised man's neck and pulling him in for a kiss, "Everything is right in the world now."

I chuckle, but of course, what is asked next sobers me up a little.

"What about Daisy?" Zaq asks out loud, looking a little confused.

I sigh and shrug at Zoe's sympathetic smile, "She's okay. We're obviously over, and she just left a few minutes ago. There's no hard feelings, though."

"I don't get it," Ollie says with her held tilted adorably, making everyone chuckle.

I smile at her innocence and walk over, crouching down to lift her up into my arms, "Well, uncle Jace and I love each other very much, you see. So we decided to be together kind of like your mummy and daddy are."

Her eyes light up at that as she gets kind of excited, "Will you have babies, too? And get married like mummy and daddy?"

Jace comes up beside me this time, laughing as he ruffles her hair, making her scrunch her nose, "We'll see about that in the future, okay?"

"Really?" She says excitedly with a toothy smile, at the same time I turn and grin at Jace, "Oh, really now?"

And, that was that. The rest of the day is pleasant and for once, everyone is happy and having fun and there's no drama or tension or lingering sadness. My smile never leaves my face much like my hand never leaves Jace's and for the first time in a long time, my happiness is honest and unashamed.

August 29, 2022

After spending the last two days relaxing with our friends, Jace and I decided to take our last weekend off work back to my place where we could be alone and just relish in our recently renewed relationship. It's been so lovely since that morning. Zoe was beyond happy for me and even baked a bunch of cupcakes in celebration. Seth and Charlie practically forced us to agree to a double date some time, which amused Jace to no end. Even more so when Zoe overheard and fought tooth and nail until we agreed to go on a triple date with her and Zaq.

Then of course, it turned into a quadruple date when Lucy overheard and annoyed Leah until she agreed to tag along. Seems those two had hooked up during our little vacation and now Lucy has managed to get Leah wrapped around her little finger. It's actually really sweet, seeing Lucy and Leah together. Aware of how shaken Leah still is, Lucy is actually really tender and sweet in the way she treats rough and hard around the edges Leah, and Leah is always watching out for clumsy and dorky little Lucy. I love them as a couple in all honesty.