Chapter Ten: Practice Makes Perfect

I CAN'T PUT UP MORE THAN ONE DEDICATION SO I'LL JUST PUT THEM HERE INSTEAD!! THESE ARE MOSTLY BASED ON THE COMMENTS FROM LAST CHAPTER SO IF YOU POSTED A COMMENT, I'D CHECK IT OUT! I DIDN'T WANT ANYONE TO FEEL LESS IMPORTANT SO I DON'T HAVE ANY OFFICIAL DEDICATIONS!

breathtolove, you are always asking and reminding me to update, thanks for that. I'm really absent minded and you stick by me although I take forever...

vivian195, I'm a real sucker for flattery, you charmer :D

LikeStart, I love that you went out of your way to comment though you usually don't. Thanks for that, it makes me feel special.

PechezPerenara, another person who stands by me although I totally suck cause I never upload. Thanks for sticking by me :)

mgwescoat, I love what you said on my last chapter! It made me laugh and I'm not afraid to tell you that you hit the nail on the head  ;)

animallover14, you know how awesome you are, I don't need to tell you  :D

 *************************************************************************************************************************

Dirty Scene Enclosed!

Present

God, I really hate myself.

I was driving back to the house and I was cursing myself every single minute since I left Sam.

I was so damn angry at myself and there was only one reason why.

When he had fought so hard against signing the divorce papers, a small glimmer of hope lit up in me. Hope that maybe we could make it work, that love really could conquer all. And that hope only grew when he ripped up the papers.

I hated myself for that damn hope. I had to let him go and move on to another guy. A better guy, hopefully.

What was I going to do? I still wasn't over Sam, I knew that. I didn't think I could get over Sam. But I couldn't ever let myself be with him again. He was such an asshole and I knew I deserved better.

Dean was way better. But it wasn't fair to use him to get over Sam. He deserved better. Everything I had ever done to him only wrecked his life even more. I honestly didn't know how he didn't completely hate me. I mean, he wasn't even there when his mom died because he was with me. I couldn't leave the country or else I would've gone with him in under a second but I had to stay. And he wanted to stay with me. I couldn't say how guilty I felt about that. It was one of the things I kept in mind when I broke up with him.

He's better off without you. He's going to move on to some beautiful woman that won't be capable of causing him pain.

It was a mantra. It was the only way I was able to say goodbye, the only way I was able to leave him with tears in his bewitching eyes. Because I just knew that he was so much better without my toxic presence in his life.

Those words still held truth to them. I should just remove myself from both of their lives and think about transferring to another state. I should just stay single for a while, I think. It'd be best.

My job would likely let me transfer, I worked for a pretty major law firm and the office that I worked for right now in this state was one of the smaller offices they had scattered around. They wouldn't be happy to lose me here but it was possible. I was a pretty little shining star back at work. I was pretty young but I was one of the best they had.

The only thing left was to pack up again and get a plane ticket. Of course, I'd probably need to tell Sam and Dean but that could wait. I'm sure it wasn't that big of a deal. Until then, I'd start planning my departure.