Chapter Thirty-Five: Sociopath + Tiny Me = Doom

Continued Memory

*Not edited. I couldn't bring myself to read it over...

The first part is dedicated to vivianl95.

I feel like I don't thank you adequately enough. I hope I came through for you.

*****

Dean has been here for about four weeks already. His doctor said that Dean only had to stay another week.

We were both excited about that.

I was lonely without him. The nights were long and creepy and I was in a perpetual state of creeped-out-ness. I had never really done well with complete darkness combined with being alone. I hated it and I had to sleep on the couch with a light on nearby just to cope with these past few weeks.

Don't laugh at me for being afraid of the dark. It isn't very nice.

Anyway, I was nervous because I decided that I would ask Dean if he wanted to move with me while I go to the University of Chicago. I wanted him to. I think I'd be unbearably lonely without him.

He'd already won me over. Now I didn't want to let him go.

And I thought that this would be a good time since we were graduating two weeks after he got out of the hospital. Yeah. The deadline was coming up too soon.

And we were pretty content, snuggled up and watching TV. What better way to ruin the mood than to talk about our future?

“Sweetie?” I asked nervously, playing with his fingers. I wasn't at all sure how to go about this.

“Yeah?” he turned his attention to me.

“Have you thought about what college you want to go to?” I asked him, thinking that I wouldn't ask him if he already had plans. A safe way to go about it.

“No. I just had a vague idea that I'd stay here and get a job. Why?” he said, taking one of my curls and twisting it around his fingers.

I started to play with his fingers faster. I was so scared that he'd say no.

“I just, um, I was wondering...” I trailed off, unable to find the words.

What if I just waited until he fell asleep in my car and just drove off to the school without telling him? It was cowardly but it could work.

Actually, no it couldn't. I'd have to pack for the both of us, it'd take a long time and he'd inevitably wake up. Besides, it'd take a while to get to Chicago. He would have plenty of time to tell me off for kidnapping him. Damn it.

“Baby, what is it?” Dean asked me when I took too long of a pause. I tried to choke down the lump in my throat.

“Iwaswonderingifyou'dmovewithmewhenIleaveforcollege” I said in one breath. He looked so adorably confused.

I blushed, even though he hadn't understood a word I had said.

“I'm sorry honey, you're gonna have to repeat that” he told me, shifting so that he was closer to me. I winced, feeling his pain.

He still had a hard time of moving about.
“It isn't important. Just forget it” I chickened out, avoiding his gaze.

He grasped my chin, forcing me to face him. My blush was painful now but he didn't give me a chance to be embarrassed, kissing me gently and making me forget what the big deal was.

“What did you want to talk to me about?” he asked in that husky murmur that I couldn't resist. I just melted into him. He started to play with my hair in earnest and I relaxed even more.