Chapter Thirty-Two: Saying Yes

Memory

Things were a little easier with Dean from then on. He was sweeter to me, keeping his eyes solely on me to show that he really wasn't about to stray from this weird relationship we had going on. The weird thing was that I wasn't even entirely sure that we were in a relationship. He never said anything and I never brought it up for fear of rejection.

But I knew one thing for sure. I wanted him to come with me when I move out of this little town. I wanted to move in with him and see where our lives take us.

I just didn't know how to bring it up. Nor did I know how far I was willing to go for this man. It confounded me, that I was willing to be with a man who hadn't even asked me to be his. I was following in my mother's footsteps, sure enough.

I wasn't too sure how I felt about that.

You see, I had everything planned out. I had already applied to my college of choice and was accepted (with quite a few scholarships of course). A few things remained unseen, like where I was going to live since I didn't want to live in a dorm. I just didn't want to. Living with so many people, in such an open environment and being so vulnerable to my roommate was a huge no no. I couldn't live like that.

So I guess I need to rent an apartment. But which one? I had it narrowed down to two choices. I wanted to pass it all through Dean, see what he says.

For one thing, he could straight out say that he doesn't want anything to do with me after we graduate. He could already be planning to go to another college. He could even find it weird that I ever thought he'd be willing to move with me. The possibilities were endless to how this might go wrong. But I'd never know until I try.

I needed to talk to him about it. But how do I approach the subject?

Currently, I was sitting with him on the bed. He was doing some homework with occasional help from me while I looked up at the ceiling, wondering how to bring this up or if I even should. That fear that he might kick me to the curb was strong in me.

How could I face it if he turned to me with disgust? Or if he said things like, “Clingy already and she isn't even my girlfriend!”. I could totally imagine that happening. And I really didn't want it to. I think it'd break my heart.

Was I in that deep already?

“What are you thinking about?” the man himself asked me, looking up from his homework for a minute to look at me. I forced a smile.

“Nothing important” I lied sweetly. He grinned at me and put aside the homework, ignoring my disapproving look.

“How about we go out tonight? We could both use a break” he started to put his things away before I even answered.

I sighed. Guess we were going out.

“I don't wanna change though” I told him, flopping down on my belly.

“You don't have to. Just put on some shoes. We aren't going anywhere fancy; just getting out of the house” he said, getting up and stretching. I watched him lazily, letting myself caress over his every feature.

He really was something, this man.

“Come on” he pulled me by the arm, trying to get me out of bed. I resisted, though God knows why. Maybe because I knew this was the perfect opportunity to talk to him. I just didn't want to. I didn't think I was ready yet.

“Stop being lazy” he scolded, pulling me in earnest and making me shoot of the bed. I cursed my small body. It was the only reason he was able to pull me so easily, damn it.