Chapter Twenty-Six: The Center Of His Universe

Recent Memory (Yep, they're back)

Warning: Semi-inappropriate content

Do you know what it's like when your heart wants to commit suicide in the most painful way possible and is currently trying to go through with it? I felt like I was drowning, my whole world crashing down around me.

How could he do this to me?

All day, I've had this weight on my shoulder. Work was unbearable. I couldn't concentrate, not since this morning when everything came to light. I couldn't seem to stop crying. Even though I knew that it didn't help anything, even though it only showed how much this man has hurt me, I just couldn't wipe the tears fast enough. They streamed down my cheeks, each one bitter and heartbroken. I sat at my desk and I took sips from a bottle of whiskey I kept in the office. It was more for decoration than anything but now it served a practical purpose.

I just felt dead inside. Nothing matters anymore.

Nothing.

*****

Sam and I have been married for about seven months now. I loved him with everything I had. He was my everything.

And I thought that I was his everything.

But no. I'm not.

I did everything I could for this man. I cooked for him, even though I was exhausted and mentally scarred from work (I might as well work with crime cases officially). I did his laundry cause he'd probably find some way to mess it up so badly that the house would burn down or something like that; he was so clueless. And I gave him my heart and soul. Everything I had was his.

So why would he do this?

He was in the shower. I could hear the pattering of the water against his skin and his horrible singing too.

You see, we had been trying for a baby. Or rather, I was off my pill and Sam hasn't worn a condom with me since we've gotten married. I wanted a baby but I knew that Sam didn't like children. I was counting on the fact that he would fall in love with our baby when he sees the baby.

But first, I have to get pregnant and yes, I had to trick Sam. Sam was all too happy to make love four times a week, thinking that there was no chance of pregnancy.

He made sure I took my pill every morning, though lately I've only been pretending to take it. It was a little upsetting, that I had to do this at all.

Sam was supposed to want a baby, just like every other normal husband.

But I'm getting carried away.

He was in the shower, his phone was just laying there and I wanted to play a game on it. I was still coming off the natural high that came over me every time we made love and I was bored. I was waiting for the shower. I would've gotten in with him but he is known for getting carried away and I didn't have the time for that. I was going to be late for work.

So there I was, innocently playing a sniper shooting game, and winning I might add, when he got a text message.

It was the picture of a completely naked woman touching herself. I was shocked and horrified but I didn't take it all that seriously. I mean, a single picture didn't mean he was... he was.... cheating. There had to be a perfectly logical situation to this!

The part that negated that though was the actual message. It read;

I'm so wet thinking about you, baby. Can't wait to see you tonight ;)

But no. Sam was going out with Ronnie tonight, some sort of male bonding thing. So he couldn't have been going to this woman's house. He didn't have the time to cheat.