Chapter 1: New Home

I placed my hand out the window the travel was exhausting. This was the longest that I have been in a car. I think it had been about 5 hours so far who knew there was so much out there. In my mind I thought this was like going on an adventure. I bet other people would think that this wasn't much of an adventure, but for me it was. I'm normally all cramped up in the house. The change is nice and exciting. We were moving from our Texas home to Missouri. I looked over at my mother who was humming the lyrics of the new NVU5 song Get it Together. She was terrible at singing but I will never tell her though. I moved my focus back to the outside the scenery was different from what I was used to. I can't wait till we arrive at our new home, well it's at least a new home to me. Mom lived there when she was younger with my grandmother.

I was never all that close with my grandmother. She always gave me such pitiful eyes whenever she would visit us. It would make me uncomfortable when she would just sit there and look at me with pitiful eyes. I mean she loves me and treats me wonderfully and I loved her. I couldn't help but feel pitied whenever she was around. It was probably because I don't have a father, or because my mom didn't allow me to leave the house and associate with other people. I think mom's afraid I'd leave her like Dad so, I don't complain mom just wants me to be safe. I guess My grandmother understands her reasons.

I jumped at the sudden hit on my hand . I inspected it there . There was nothing on my hand giving evidence of what it was but it was redder where it was struck. It was probably some bug. I rolled up my window and leaned my head against it. I didn't even realize I doused off till I felt mom shaking me awake. We were home now.

The house was huge, it was two stories with maybe an attic. Mom says I've visited Grandma here when I was young. I don't remember coming here, but i'm sure it happened. Mom had already sent all of our stuff her and put them where they were supposed to be a couple of weeks ago. She spent about a week here and had left me at home. I do that a lot though, staying home alone. Mom a flight attendant she gets to travel a lot. Every time she left she got me a souvenir. Last time she went it was Paris and I had gotten a bracelet. Even though the presents are nice I wish Mom would just be home more.

"Daisy grab your suitcase." Mom picked up my makeup bag of stuff, "I'll get this."

"Okay mom." I grabbed my suit case and looked around, it seemed like a good neighbor hood. I'm not used to being close to so many houses. There was a boy across the way in the yard of a white house with blue shutters. He looked about my age, he was too far away for me to make any details out about him except his chocolate colored hair. He waved to me and I stood there for a second and waved back.

"Daisy hurry up." Mom screamed from the house.

"Okay." I slammed the trunk and hurried into my new home. I wonder if it's going to be like always. Me stuck at home Mom gone weeks at a time. Sometimes I feel she's not actually at working the whole time. It's fine I want Mom to enjoy her life it makes me happy when ever she's happy.

I walked into the living room and the first thing I noticed was the smell of the house. It wasn't bad but it made me uneasy as I stood in the door way. I'm not sure what it was, but something about the house made me slightly uneasy.

"Daisy close the door." Mom motioned at the door.

"Okay." I used my foot to close the door.

"This way to your room." I followed her up the stairs. The walls were an off white and photo's hung going up. They were of my mom growing up. There was one of me at the top with Grandma and Mom.

Mom stopped in front of a door at the end of the hallway, it was kind of out of the way compared to the rest of rooms. Mom took the suitcase. "Open the door." I did as I was told. The room was perfect it was pink and red. It wasn't tacky the colors went perfectly together, Mom had used the colors I picked out! She had all my furniture up and in the places she knew I would want them. She left the boxes in the floor probably wanting me to do the rest on my own.

"Oh my God Mom." I was so excited I hugged my mom. "This is perfect!"

"You think so?" Mom smiled as she put the suit case on the bed.

"Yeah and I thought you weren't going to use the colors I picked out!"

"I have to admit it the colors looked a lot better than I thought."

Mom left me in my room to get things situated I looked out the window to see the chocolate headed boy playing with a dog in about the same place he was before. I just stood at the window and smiled because the boy and the dog seemed to be having so much fun. I wonder if I'd be seeing more of him.

A/N: Don't forget to leave a comment and a vote if you liked the story!