Chapter 9: Knock Knock

"I'm going to bed." Mom muttered before slowly lifting her self from the couch. She stretched and yawned.

"Sleep good then." I responded only to glance up to her for a second.

"Good night." I hardly heard her, she was already half way up stairs.

"Good night." I responded even with knowing she wouldn't hear it.

I waited till I heard the faint noise of closing her door before turning off the T.V. and tossing the remote next to me. I forced myself to get off the couch and make my way upstairs. I didn't want to watch t.v. anymore nothing was on anyway. I paused in front of Mom's bedroom and carefully opened the door.

"Mom?" I opened the door a bit more. "Are you awake?" There was no response and the only noise I could hear was her light snoring. She was fast asleep. I didn't know what I would of said or done if she was awake, good thing she wasn't. I peered around the room to see if whatever she freaked out about was . I didn't see anything out of order, but yet again it was dark. I sighed and carefully closed her door making sure to not make much noise. I didn't want her to wake.

I turned on my light and went over to my T.V. and played the movie that was in it.went to my vanity. . I stared at my face. I hadn't done my makeup at all. The freckles that covered my pale face were more noticeable without makeup, and my eye lashes were a pale brown almost red. I began to do my makeup starting with my foundation and mascara.

I jumped at a taping sound coming from behind me. I stared in horror at the familiar boy who's face was grinning ear to ear. I hurried over and opened up the window.

"Hurry up get in!" I said in a hushed tone. I stepped back as he lifted himself in.

"How did you get up here?!" I went back to the window and looked down. That was right the dryer room was a little off to the side. It was a build on and only had a flat roof campared to the rest of the house.

"I lifted myself onto the roof of the washer room." He gave a huge smile. "Thank god it was your room."

"Well what are you doing here?" I quickly closed the window.

He looked slightly surprised. "I came to check up on you." He whispered back looking around my room.

"Oh thanks." I paused for a second. "Your not mad at me?" If he was mad he wouldn't had snuck into the house to check up on me. Right?

"No, we pushed you a bit much. We didn't realize your boundaries." He couldn't look at me. "We're sorry for that.

"It's fine." I smiled up at him and then looked down at my feet. "I'm sorry for leaving like that."

"No it's fine." That was a relief.

I jumped at another sound. It was Mom getting up from her bed. She can't find him here. He can't be found. My whole life will be ruined. Mom will be mad and ashamed of me and I'll never be able to meet my friends ever again.

"You got to leave." I pushed him towards the window. My heart was beating so fast, mom was just down the hall. It was dangerous for him to be in here. We could easily get caught. We opened the window and he quickly lowered himself down.

He looked up to me and motioned his finger towards me. I lowered my face thinking he was going to whisper something. We paused as we looked at each other. It was strange.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. I could see that his face turned a redish color be fore he turned. I was frozen and held my warmed up face watching him jump off the low roof and skip away while waving to me. My heart was still beating fast it was different this time. It was better.I hope Mom's gone tomorrow I want to see him again.

I heard the door behind me open and I spun around to see Mom standing there. "What are you doing?" she asked yawning.

"I was just enjoying the breeze." I closed the window, and spun to her.

"Why's your face red?"

"I was playing with my make up." I lied, I couldn't just tell her it's because the neighbor boy kissed me on the cheek.

"Okay then good night."

"Good night." I responded before she closed the door.

I turned off the movie and turned off the light. I laid in bed holding my face hoping that tomorrow would come faster. This was more than friendship right. Is this what they call love?