Chapter 25: She's a Little Cookie

The park was beautiful. It was much much prettier in the day light than it was in the dark. We were picnicking on the ground near the volleyball court. I laid on the ground reading my Curiouser  magazine while Nathan played with his camera. It was relaxing even with the kids playing on playground near by being loud. I liked the park I wished I could go more often.

"Do you think that I need to confront Mom?" I asked Nathan fr maybe the millionth time this week. I knew what his answer would be each time. It was just that I craved the answer oddly enough.

"You'll have to make that choice on your own Daisy." He spoke like he was wiser beyond his years even though we were the same age. "It's not something that I can choose for you."

"Yeah, but I can't choose." I whined as I laid the magazine on my face. He lifted the magazine from my face.

"It's just not my place, plus it's your Mom you know her. I can't exactly get to know her." He had a point. Mom didn't know about him and I was thankful about it. She would flip her lid if she knew. 

"Okay I'll choose for myself." I whine once again.

"Hey what time did your Mom say she'd be home?"

"Around 5." I answered.

"Do you want to go home it'd almost 3:30."

"Yeah, but do you want to stay? At least until she gets home." "I mean it's not like you don't do that already." I laughed to myself. It was true he's been in the house countless times now and Mom had no idea. 

"I think I can do that." he kissed my forehead.

We gathered our blanket and cooler. It wasn't very much to carry. We even held hands all the way home. I loved the way his hands wrapped around mine.

"Nathan."  We turned to see his mother, "Come here." 

We paused for a second he looked down at our intertwined hands and smiled.

"I may not be able to meet your Mom, but you can meet mine." He gave me a reassuring smile. I gave him a worried smile back.

A thousand thoughts filled my head. Each one making me more and more worried about the meeting. 

Would She like me?

Will she disapprove of us?

Is she as nice as Nathan?

"So I finally get to meet the infamous Daisy." His mother wrapped her arms around me surprising me. I didn't deny the hug, actually I hugged back. "Nathan's spoke highly of you." She said winking at her son. I looked over at him to see his face redden a little bit. It was kind of cute.

"Here, take this." Nathan handed her the cooler, "Me and Daisy are going to watch some movies before her Mom gets home." Nathan pointed towards my house

"Okay." She eyed us both like she was suspicious. She pulled Nathan to the side and out of hearing. 

I could see her hand him something and an audible, "Mom no," from Nathan.  It peaked up my curiosity as I stood to the side and watch the two go back and fourth at each other. Nathan looked flustered and his mother was smiling widely as if she was poking fun at him. 

I could hear him say "Fine," before marching over at me. His face was a bright red. I could tell now that he was obviously flustered at what ever they were talking about.

"See you two later." His mother waved towards us.

"See you later too." i screamed back to her as we headed towards the house. Nathan only waved to his mother obviously still embarrassed by what they were talking about.

"What was that about?" I said in a low voice.

"Nothing." He said as he patted his pocket, "Just Mom being her cookie self." He sighed.

A/N: I messed up and accidentally deleted a chapter and I had to rewrite this chapter. I know it's not what was originally in this chapter, but I can't remember what was. This scene is actually something that I wanted to add to the rewrite I'm planning to this story, so I thought it  would fit in here.