Chapter 2: Pizza

"Okay everything's packed." I peaked out of moms bed room and screamed down the hall.

"Poot eet ba da door." Mom leaned out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in her mouth. It was 9:34 in the morning and as usual she had slept in and was getting ready at the last second.

The suit case wasn't heavy but I dragged it behind me anyway. Going down the stairs it made loud thuds every time it hit a new stair. It's been a month since we moved here and Mom was going to the airport for work. Just because we moved doesn't mean work stops. She had actually started being a flight attendant in this area, and was just happy that they had taken her back easily. She still had connections and friends here.

I placed the suitcase by door and rushed back upstairs to help mom with her makeup. She was already sitting on the toilet when I arrived. She had also put the makeup bag on the counter. So I immediately started on her make up. I picked out the brown eye shadows and started there. It was like a tradition every time she leaves I get to do her make up. I like doing makeup, but what I like most about this little bit of time is that I am with her. Mom giggled and warned me if I made a mistake she would kill me. It was the same routine only thing that was different was the house.I finished her make up with a light red lipstick. Mom checked herself out in the mirror and smacked her lips.

"Perfect as always Daisy." She turned to hug me.

"I know that." I hugged her back. I didn't want this to end. I wanted her to stay. I wanted to not be left alone. "How long is it this time?" I asked still holding Mom.

"It will be a week." She muttered. I wonder if she doesn't want to leave either. "What do you want me to bring back?"

I pulled away from her. "Surprise me." I faked a smile at her, I didn't care about those things. I just wanted her to be home more often. I mean I love the gifts she brings me, but I hate being alone almost all of the time.

"Okay then." I followed her down stairs and to the kitchen as she makes herself a coffee for the drive to the airport. We didn't speak but I followed her to the door like a lost puppy.

"I'll be back within the week." Mom leaned in and kissed me on the forehead. "Love ya bye."

"Love ya bye." I mimicked not as enthused as her as she practically skips to the car. I lingered at the door way and that's when I noticed the chocolate haired boy across the street. He was one of the only people I noticed on this street. He was always active doing something sometimes he was hanging out with people sometimes he's playing with a dog. Most times though he was alone always taking pictures.

The Chocolate haired boy waved at me. Something in me jumped and panicked I nodded my head and hurried inside. It was weird to be noticed by a person. Let alone a boy my age. Maybe that is why I was panicked normally I'm not used to being noticed, I'm used to being alone. We had neighbors before we moved here, but they weren't this close or this many as there are here. I'm just not used to see people. I'm good at adjusting though.

I stood in front of the door for a good two minutes waiting for my heart to stop pounding. It didn't help that I was determine whether or not if I should go back out and greet the boy or sit in front of the T.V. I decided to go with choice number two because If I had gone out and greeted the stranger I would be breaking rule #1 and #2.

Mom gave me four rules I had to follow.

1: Don't go past the porch .

2: Don't talk to anyone unless she invites them or if they are delivering .

3: Don't ever tell people your name.

4: Don't invite people in.

I followed the rules ever since I can remember. It was just 4 simple rules that had worked out for me so long. I mean mom says the delivery people don't count as strangers since they are there for one job. That's the only reason mom lets me order pizza or Chinese take out while she is gone. At the our old home Pizza was the only thing that would be delivered. I think I might order Chinese more often now because it's something different.