Chapter 7: Movies Sound Nice

"We should go watch a movie." Naomi bounced on the couch closer to me.

"I thought we were." pointing at the T.V. confused. We were watching Almost Famous.

"No silly, at the movie theater." She gave me puppy eyes. They were so strong.

"She can't leave though."

"Yeah what if my mom calls."

"I can fix that." She brought out her phone, "Whats your number?"

I told her and she began doing something with her phone. The house phone began to ring and I ran towards it. She did call again, I knew I'd never be able to sneak out.

"Hello." I answered

"Hey Girl." It wasn't moms voice, I spun around and looked out the kitchen door. It was Naomi's, she laughed in the phone and waved at me.

"Oh my I thought I was going to have a heart attack." I laughed as I hung up the phone.

"Now I'll forward your calls to my phone." she smiled and began doing more to her phone. Nathan and I peered over her shoulder. It was fascinating to watch for me. I never really get close up to cell phones doing stuff like this. Mom only lets me play with hers once in while, but that is when ever she's home.

"Okay it's done." She spun around at Nathan, "now call the house phone and see the magic."

"Okay." He responded bringing his phone up to his ear.

The phone in her hand rang. It was so neat.

"How did you learn to do that?"

"Travis showed me." She smiled up at Nathan. He just gave her a "really?" look. "Hey he's smarter than you think Nathan." She stuck her tongue out at him. I have no idea who this Travis guy is, but I'm sure that people probably think of him as an idiot.

"Get a jacket and what you need." She smiled.

"Don't worry about money, I'll buy your ticket tonight." Nathan patted my back.

"Okay." I responded as I ran up stairs and grabbed a jacket from the closet. I stared at the purse that I put my drawing papers in and determined I didn't need it. From What I hear it's to dark to draw in there anyway.

They waited by door. I stood next to them, my heart was beating so fast it was so scary. I thought I might have went through it then I saw the sidewalk. I stopped at the side walk as they continued on. I stared down at it, It was taunting me. The fear was intense and I stood there frozen. It would be the last rule I'd break. It was the major rule that comes with major consequences. Mom had passed through my mind. What if she finds out? What if I disappoint her?

"Daisy?" Nathan came back to me with Naomi following after.

"I can't do this." I looked up at him trying to keep tears back. I ran into the house without hesitation and slid down the door covering my ears. I couldn't do it. I was going to lose my friends because I was afraid to disappoint my Mom. I cried as I heard them knock on the door. They had both came back the door knocking, and saying my name. I couldn't open it, I couldn't face them. they could be mad at me, or worse they could just be wanting to tell me they don't want to friends anymore. I couldn't face that.

The knocking on the door stopped and heard a thud on it. I looked up at the door. They had given up on me I knew they would, I mean Who wants to be friends with someone who can't leave their own home?

"It's okay Daisy, we'll come back over tomorrow." Nathan said through the door. "We know it was a huge step for you to take.

"Yeah, don't worry." Naomi followed up, "We'll be back tomorrow."

I was tempted to get up from in front of the door, but it wasn't possible. I still couldn't face them at least for tonight. I will see if I can have the strength tomorrow to face them. If they even show up at all. I hope they do. I don't want to lose them.