Chapter 17: Boredom

"We should go do something." Naomi spoke out, breaking the awkward silence that filled the room. I lifted my head and turned to her. She had a point, my house was not the funnest. We always had fun at first, but then resorted to watching boring T.V. in the end. To be honest I had no idea if this was what it was usually like when people hang out with other people.

"We should go to the park and sit on the swings or something." She offered. "But only if your comfortable about it Daisy."

I looked at Nathan and Naomi I didn't have to look at them to tell they had the looks of concern on their face. I knew they thought that is might be asking to much. Honestly they probably were. I had never been outside either of the houses that far away without Mom being there. I had always just been home and once in a great while I'd be brought out to eat or something, but that was pretty much it. I also used to walk our dog up and down the small dirt road in Texas, but it had been years. I didn't know if I had enough strength to follow them all the way there. It was only the night before when I finally hopped over the sidewalk onto the road. That was even outside of my safety zone.

I looked between the two and took in a deep breath. Maybe it was time to get out of the safety zone. Maybe the safety zone isn't as safe as it should be. I mean it is keeping me from experiencing the world.

"Lets go." The words I never expected escaped my mouth.

"Yay." Naomi hugged me tightly "Lets go!" I looked up to Nathan as he smiled at us both.

"Wait what if Mom comes home?" I paused in front of the door as fear bellowed up in me.

Mom had not told me how long she'd be gone. I had been so mad at her that I forgot that she was just filling in for someone and I had no idea how long that would be. She could be home any time. It was dangerous enough to have them here without knowing, but how dangerous would it be if I left. She would probably move us back to Texas. I would probably end up alone again with no one, but Mom

"We can make it seem like you're asleep." Naomi answered. "I mean we can put pillows on your bed to make it look like you're sleeping."

"She does it all the time." Nathan covered his mouth and leaned over to whisper to me. "That's the kind of girl she is." His whispers weren't very quiet and I knew that Naomi heard it.

"I can hear you Mr. I failed Biology." Naomi stuck out her tongue.

"Hey." he pointed at her jokingly . "Not everyone can be smart."

I giggled covering my mouth. Watching them play fight like this showed how good of friends they were. It was almost like they were siblings. Moments like this make me wish I wasn't an only child and or that I was as close to them like they are to each other. I enjoy these moments, but at the same I get kind of envious.

We went back up stairs and created a sleeping me. It was strange, but it had really looked as if someone was sleeping under the covers. Now if Mom came home she probably wouldn't question if I was there sleeping. She wouldn't bother a sleeping me especially after our huge fight yesterday. At most she'd probably peek her head in and check on me and speak to see if I was awake.

We quickly made it down the stairs and outside. I slowly followed behind the two of them carefully keeping my eye on the road. On the area I had never passed before. Nathan and Naomi were in view, but I almost forgot about them and just thought about the safety zone. When I reached the spot I only bravely hopped over the night before I stopped and stared at it. I jumped as I felt a warm hand wrap around mine.

I looked at the bigger and hand and followed the arm up to the face that it belonged to. Nathan was holding my hand. He had that big ole goofy smile and it helped me forget the boundaries that were set up for my life.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Of course." I smiled.

"You sure?" Naomi chimed in, she had an uncomfortable look on her face. She was probably thinking of the last time and I ran off,

"Which ways the park?" I looked both ways down the street. I knew that when we drove in we had seen something like a park, but I had no idea if that was where we were going.

"It's just down the street a bit." Naomi said and pointed towards the direction where me and Mom had passed the park.

"Lets go then!" I smiled at the both of them and stepped towards the direction of the park.

A/N: Sorry for the late post, but I had been extremely busy the past few weeks from college and Finals. Tomorrow is my last day of finals for this semester, so my posting schedule should be more consistent. Have a great day!