Chapter 7

Upon their return Mr. Nobley helps her walk in but as soon as the others see her from where they are in the drawing room they all rise and look urgent. "Oh Miss Audri we heard what happened are you alright?" Misses Wattlesbrook asks with wide eyes as she approaches her.

 "Oh Miss Audri we heard what happened are you alright?" Misses Wattlesbrook asks with wide eyes as she approaches her

"I'll be just fine, Mrs. Wattlesbrook. Thank you. I just need to stay off of it as much as possible." Jess sighs inwardly. She really enjoys going on walks. Guess that won't happen for a while.

"Oh of course of course. Oh you poor thing. Just let any of us know if you need anything my dear. The servants will come at the ring of a bell," she takes her hand and reassures her.

Jess gives her a polite smile as thanks. She hates being doted on.

All the others have gathered behind Wattlesbrook and she excuses herself to let them speak to her. "Oh how unfortunate this is indeed!" Heartwright exaggerates. "I'm so sorry-"

"Jess you scared me!" Ella scolds. "We get a call from the ER that you're hurt and my heart beats eight times a second."

"You were lucky you were not alone this could be much worse. We're so glad you're alright," Bradford starts.

"Oh Jess I'm so sorry," Lizzy chimes in.

"This was very unfortunate indeed," Andrews says.

"We were all very worried," East says.

"Thank you all so very much," Jess says again. "You are right, Mr. Bradford. It could have been much worse. But luckily Hen-Mr. Nobley was there and he took very good care of me." Jess gives Henry a small smile. "And so now, with a little rest, I will be right as rain in no time."

"You should sit down," Andrews says and they help her settle on the sofa. All of them ask her what happened and listen to the story as Nobley wanders from where they are and walks by the windows. Ella and Bradford seem to talk to her the most. And they change the subject after a while.

All of them visit there and the men pay so much attention to Jess now, also asking if she needs anything. She feels flattered from all the attention. These people she calls close friends don't feel like actors for a short moment but Jess reminds herself that they are.

All of the gentleman she has right here paying attention to her. Any one of them she could choose it seems like. They all-well all except one. Her eyes find Henry Nobley as he faces the window, his eyes looking out at the setting sun that casts golden light on his face.