Chapter 16 (1)

They all sit around and visit like real life friends until the servants have lunch ready for them and they take their conversation to the table. Afterwards they decide to go back to rehearsing...

.

They watch and laugh, sharing the couch as they all switch back and forth to recite the whole play all the way through. When East does a bad acting job when saying something deep, Bradford and Ella start chucking their finger snacks at them and yelling "boo". George tries to continue the scene but ends up yelling at them and they start laughing, Amelia giggling as well.

At one point Nobley and Bradford start arguing about a scene he does with Ella and Lizzy joins in the discussion as Ella shakes her head.

When Jess and Henry have to do their romantic scene he tries to wipe a smile off his face. She stands a distance from him and runs to him as he readies himself. He catches her by the waist and spins her around when she reaches him, grinning ear to ear despite the fact that he's supposed to be serious in this scene.

Jess is fairly sure she knows what is going on in his head during this point, because it's the same thing going through hers.

He sets her down and holds her hands in his, trying to do his line but laughing and looking away to try and stop.

"Kiss her!" Ella and Bradford start yelling like cheerleaders and soon everyone is saying the same thing as they sit on the sofa, watching them like an audience

Nobley starts to laugh hard as he avoids eye contact with Jess but his cheeks glow red.

It takes every ounce of strength Jess has to keep from going along with what everyone saying, but she manages it. It doesn't seem right, their first kiss being in front of people. 'And he does not even like me,' she reminds herself. 'He. Is. An. Actor. '

"No I'm not--" Henry starts to argue.

"Just do it!" Ella yells.

"Yeah, Henry your romance needs a big kiss scene too," Bradford urges.

Jess does not open her mouth, afraid of what might escape.

Nobley looks at Jess smugly. "Alright," he challenges and his hand clutches her waist, grabbing her to him and then takes her face in his hands, staring into her eyes intensely for a moment.

She does not fight him, only stares back. 'He's not seriously going to do this, is he? But don't I want that?'

 'He's not seriously going to do this, is he? But don't I want that?'