Chapter 16 (2)

Jess looks around, catching a glimpse of someone talking to East. At first she doesn't know who it is because she has to look again but then her eyes widen when she realizes it's Mr. Bradford. He wears a sleeveless dark colored tunic with bare legs and arms, the neck of the tunic forming a very low v, showing off a toned chest she didn't know he had. His hair is loose and pulled from his usual ponytail, looking very medieval indeed along with the sandals to complete the look.

Ella doesn't notice because she talks to Charming.

She looks at Ella and gives her a look, nodding her head toward Bradford, then winking.

Ella looks blank then when she spots him her heart stops and her eyes grow wide. She might as well be drooling now as she begins to breathe again. Butterflies have a party in her stomach and she finds herself feeling nervous.

Jess subtly gives her a thumbs up and she walks past, wanting to give them some privacy.

Ella wants to giggle before Jess leaves but stops herself when she does.

Bradford passes Jess to talk to Ella but nods his head at her when he does. Jess believes he looks so different. She has always seen him as such a goofy guy but he could never look more masculine now.

"My lady," Bradford says humorously.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" she teases.

There is a moment of stupidity on his face before he realizes he needs to laugh at her joke

There is a moment of stupidity on his face before he realizes he needs to laugh at her joke. He had just been paying attention to how she looks, which is nothing short of stunning. He chuckles cutely and pretends to be awkward. "You've forgotten? Ah that's too bad... I should just go then."

she giggles. "Uh, excuse me, sir. I actually have a bad case of memory loss so if you just left without introducing yourself that would be incredibly insensitive." she turns to scold him before he pretends to walk off.

He frowns. "'Case of memory loss'?"

"You know what I mean." she rolls her eyes.

"I wasn't aware it was a disease. Is that contagious?"

"Shut up you fat hobo!" she smacks him on the arm and walks by to be angry.

He just laughs and follows her. "You look adorable!" he whispers cutely in her ear from behind right before he dashes away.

She frowns and looks around for him, her cheeks blushing red as a smile appears on her lips when she thinks about his words. She scoffs before walking on, her heart fluttering.

Jess talks to Andrews until she glances and notices Henry has joined them. He talks to East now. But Jess almost has to do a double take before she realizes its him. Everyone looks so different tonight... He stands in his suit of silver armor and red clothed skirt, plated chest and skirt with knee high armored boots and leather bracers. Jess has never seen his bare arms before and she can tell the military service has paid off as Ella would probably say.