Chapter Four: The Muffin

Percy's P.O.V                                                                                                                                                                         "Let's get this planning started!" Annabeth yelled, walking out of the little alleyway that we were currently in. "Wait where are you going Annabeth?" I yelled, chasing her down. She had an excited look on her face. This was her favorite part of our missions, the planning. "Let's go to the cafe we were at this morning Percy, so we can come up with a good method for sneaking down to the basement of the museum," Hmm.. maybe I can convince her to let me get a muffin.

"Okay then, let's get going," I said excited for a muffin. Well you can't blame me, muffins are the best things ever! "When did you get so excited?" Annabeth asked laughing. "Um, I may or may not be making a plan to ask you for a muffin when we get there?" Wait did I really just say that. 

"Is that a question, or no? She asked me trying not to laugh. "Yes?" I told her, really hoping she would let me have one. "Okay then, I will think about it on our way there."-"But Annabeth!" I whined. I was ready for some food, even though we had eaten breakfast just over an hour ago. "Whining is not helping your chances Percy, and don't give me the puppy dog eyes!" She yelled. I stayed quiet for the rest of the walk, trying to win her over. 

"Okay I have made my decision," She stated, making me really excited. I nodded for her to continue. "You can't have one!" I started jumping up and down. "Thank you Ann- wait, why not!" I was really disappointed I was building myself up the whole way over here.

"Just kidding. Now hurry and get your muffin seaweed brain," She told me, grinning. I nodded and ran off to the line to get myself a blueberry muffin. Blueberry because it's blue, duh! Once I had finished getting my food I walked over to the table she was setting at. "Okay, you ready for our mission plan?" She asked me, her face lighting up like a six year old on christmas. "I guess I am," I stated, ready for the explanation. "Okay, listen. I say we go to the museum about thirty minutes before it closes, then we hide until it does close. After everyone has left we quietly make our way down to the basement, hopefully finding our entrance to the maze!" She summed up. "Okay, this sounds pretty simple," I told her truthfully. 

"Don't jinx it seaweed brain," She said laughing. Then I took the first bite of my muffin. It was glorious. Why have I never been here before! I have to bring everyone else here some time. Well, after I finished my food we left the little cafe and started towards the museum. This is going to be fun!