Chapter Six: The Maze

Percy's P.O.V

 When we reached the bottom of the staircase, I tripped. "Seaweed brain," Annabeth said, laughing as she was walking past me. I gave her a fake glare and stood up from my spot on the floor. "Okay, so where is this entrance to the maze at?" I asked her as she was looking in the corner of the big room. The walls looked to be made of stone, the floor was just concrete. "Well I don't know Percy, but maybe of you would help me we would find out much quicker!" She said, giving me the 'I'm going to kill you' look. "Okay wise girl, where do I start?" I asked her, looking around the dusty, old place after maturely sticking out my tongue. 

"Do you need help with everything seaweed brain?" She said, laughing again. "Well.." I looked at her, she was trying not to laugh out loud. "Oh come on!" She walked over to me, "Fine, come on you can start looking on this side of the room." She pushed me towards the left back corner and I started feeling around, looking for some sort of door. Then I felt the wall get really cold. "Annabeth! I think I found something!" I yelled to her. She walked over to me and started looking around the wall. "Alright, this is it." She started tugging on something, then I moved a couple of boxes and I could actually see the wall. There was a giant metal door, with a big door knob in the very center.

"Help me Percy, it won't open," She said, looking frustrated that she couldn't get it open. "Okay I'm coming." We both pulled as hard as we could, but the door didn't even do anything. "Hey Annabeth." I remembered something. "When Nico took me to the underworld, we had to use music to open the door, do you think we need to sing it something or..?" She looked at me and started laughing. "What?" I asked her, confused. "I'm just imagining you and nico singing to a magic doorway!" She said while wiping a fake tear from her eye. "Okay okay, but do you think we do?" I asked her, hoping she would say no. We don't have Grover this time. "It's worth a shot!" She said looking at me, waiting to see what I would do. "Twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are!" She started laughing so hard she was rolling on the floor. "Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are!" She was wiping real tears from her eye's now. "Wow Percy, that was magnificent!" She said. I bowed and then looked to the door, waiting for it to open.

"It didn't even open!" Annabeth laughed even louder. I grabbed a rock and tossed it at the door, then it swung open. "What the heck!" I glared at the door. "You open from a rock, but not my wonderful singing!" I yelled at it. "Come on seaweed brain! Let's just go!" Annabeth grabbed my arm and she started dragging me through the passageway.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter and I hope you enjoyed it!!    -Lauren