Fun times in the Labyrinth

Percy's P.O.V

   "Hey, Percy. Let's go dude." I woke up to Thomas shaking my shoulder, and Minho telling me to wake up. "I sat up and looked around, the sun was just beginning to rise and I was still, so tired. I felt like I had been sleeping for about five minutes, which is normal for a demigod who has weird dream every night.

   "Ugh," I said while standing up. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "I didn't think I would be this tired," I said looking at Thomas. "I know, I can tell." I laughed a bit at that and followed the two of them over to the pace we had been receiving our meals from. Thomas and Minho both grabbed an apple, and Minho tossed me one. "Thanks," I muttered.

   "We have out five minuted until we need to be waiting at the "door" Minho said, moving his fingers up and down to signify quotations. "That's what you call that thing?" I asked pointing to the huge "door" while raising an eyebrow. "What else should we call them Percy?" Thomas said laughing at me. "Umm..touché." Thomas threw his apple core at a makeshift garbage can and stood up, "Let's go guys." I looked down at my half eaten apple.

   I tossed my apple into the can and started walking along side Minho and Thomas, seeing the gear that they had. "What about me?" I asked. "What do you mean?" Minho asked, looking confused. "I don't get any gear or anything?" I asked, pointing at the vest type thing they both had on. "Um, I think you'll be fine," Thomas said, as he continued walking towards the closed door. Alright, two minutes left."

   "Where do you guys get this stuff anyway? From the lift as well?" I asked. I was still kind of confused about all of this, but it's okay. They had already explained everything to me, including the memory loss and the lift. "Yes, from the lift. We ask for things, sometimes they deliver," Minho explained. I didn't push for more answers.

   So what about if someone tries riding down in the lift?" I asked. "We have tried everthing there is to try with that thing, and it didn't turn out well. There's a graveyard to prove that," Thomas said, pointing towards a certain area that was covered by trees. "Fun." I said, letting it go. "So what time will we be getting back?" I asked looking around. "Well, before this week we had been staying out until the door closed, but now we just go ahead and come back after a couple of hours, considering everyone is trying to train and all that."

   Then the door started sliding open. The noise it made was much louder now that I was standing right in front of it. I looked up in awe of the way it smoothly slid open, though it had to way a lot. "Come on!" Minho yelled after me. I hadn't even noticed them running in before, but I quickly ran up to them.

   "So, I'm trusting that the both of you know where you're going, correct?" I asked, hoping that my assumption was correct. "Mostly, but the idea here is to discover new areas that we havn't seen before." I looked at Minho, "So how much of the maze have you explored?" I asked. "Almost all of it." I looked at Thomas, shocked to say the least. "Most of it? The labyrinth used to be huge! It must be much smaller now. I'm also guessing that the exits don't exist anymore, just the way Annabeth and I came in?"

   "I think so," Thomas said, turning a sharp corner. As we turned I took in some writing, but it was in Greek. "We have seen these markings all over the Maze, but we don't understand them," Minho explained. "I do." They both stopped an looked at me wide eyed. "What do they say?!" I looked back at the writing, "Experimentation: Level One."

   Both Minho and Thomas looked at me. "What's that supposed to mean?" Minho asked glaring at the wall. "I don't know, but we don't have time to just stare at it. Let's continue running." I kept following them until we reached the same words written on the wall in Greek. "I think Gaea might have had a much bigger plan for you guys. Maybe after you completed some kid of something they would put you in some other kind of..um...obstacle I guess?" Thomas and Minho both looked like I had grown another eyeball or something. "What? It was just a guess."

   "That...would make sense. You remember we told that when people get stung by the griever they have to have a serum injected into them?" I nodded so Thomas continued, "Well, whenever someone gets injected, as they are "healing" they almost always end up mumbling about 'trials.' They forget most of what they were seeing after they wakeup. I think the 'trials' they talk about is the 'obstacles' you were talking about."

   "Thomas, Percy, I think we need to get back, like now. We should hold a meeting." I looked between Thomas and Minho. "I think it should wait, we still haven't made it very far, and we will have plenty of time when we get back," Thomas said. "I agree. Anyways, Gaea isn't a threat anymore, so whatever she was planning to do, isn't going to happen anymore."

   Minho stayed silent for a few second then said, "I get that, and I agree that it can wait, but we have been wanting answers for a long time, so I just really want to inform everyone about this ASAP." Minho started running again, and Thomas and I followed him. We made multiple turns, when we came up on a dead end. "This is...boring. No one's been to this area before, but I was expecting a bit more," Thomas said, looking let down.

   "It's better than something bad, right?" I looked at Thomas and he laughed, only slightly though. "Right." He looked over at Minho, then declared, "Okay, let's go have a meeting then, shall we?"

Hi guys, I'm sorry for any mistakes. I'm about to start school, so that's fun. (Lots of sarcasm)          I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for reading it.

Yours in demigodishness, and all that. Peace!