Chapter Seven: Spider!

Percy's P.O.V

As Annabeth dragged me through the big metal doorway, I groaned. "Here it goes, into the maze all over again." The walls of the maze were a bit different this time. They were still made of stone, but this stone was black instead of the pail grey color from a few years ago.

"Hmm that's odd!" Annabeth said, seemingly coming to the same realization I had. "I know, the wall is a completely different color than last time." She looked up at me, then to the walls. "Oh! I didn't even notice that, I was just talking about how the floor now just looks like some kind of stone passageway!" She exclaimed.

I scratched my head, realizing that she was right. "Well, everything looks different this time around, I wouldn't be surprised if there are new traps that we haven't even thought of yet as well," I said, looking into her stormy grey eyes. "Look who's actually being smart for once!" She said laughing, obviously trying to lift the mood. Hey, she's trying to lift the mood? But that's my job! "Well, I can be when I want to wise girl." I said, as I playfully stuck out my tongue like a first grader. "Sure you can seaweed brain," She told me standing on her tippy toes to be somewhat the same height as me.

Then the hallway opened up to a big room, filled with cookies. Now usually I would try to avoid eating sweets, and successfully so, but these weren't just any cookies, no, they were BLUE cookies! "BLUE COOKIES!" I yelled running for the long, white table holding the plates of cookies. "Wait Percy! It's just an illusion! They aren't real!" She yelled at me as she tackled me to the ground from behind.

"What do you mean they aren't real?" I looked at her like she was crazy. I mean, they are setting right in front of me! "The maze is just making you see what you wanna see! I don't even see blue cookies, I see me favorite books!" I then understood what she was trying to explain to me. "The maze is just making it look like my mom's blue cookies are right in front of me, talk about rude!" I said, making her laugh slightly. "Oh come on Percy, let's go!" She started dragging me from the room with blue cookies, well what looked like blue cookies.

"Okay okay Annabeth." She was still dragging me through the little hallway, rolling her eyes. "PERCY!" She jumped and ran to the other side of the small passage. "What's wrong?" I asked her looking along the narrow walls. "S-S-SPIDER!!" She yelled grabbing her dagger. "Annabeth, you don't need your dagger for a little spi-" Then I saw what she was calling a 'spider'. There, standing in the hallway about twelve feet away from us, stood a ginormous 'spider'. It looked like it was made of blubber, like I could throw a baseball at it and it would bounce back and hit me in the face.

I reached for riptide and took the cap off of the pen. The familiar glow from the sword shining, revealing even more of the 'spider', let's just call him Billy shal we? I ran at Billy with my sword in hand, ready for a fight. Then I slipped in the slimy goo Billy was leaving behind him. "Ouch!" I yelled as my head hit the ground hard. I jumped up so Billy couldn't get any closer to me. "Okay Billy, here I come!" I yelled, charging at the beast.

Thank you sooo much for reading this chapter! Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments! Well anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that you will continue reading the rest of my story! -Lauren