Chapter 6

"Hey, Harry?"

"Yeah?"

What do you think of me?

"Never mind,"

"No, tell me," Harry argued, raising an eyebrow at Louis from the driver's seat.

"Oh, um," now Louis had to think quick. "I was wondering, if you could have any superpower, what would it be?"

"Hm," Harry was surprised by the lack of intensity in his question. He'd been expecting something deeper, but then again, no one can be deep when they're listening to Taylor Swift's 22. "I'd like to be invisible."

"Really?" Louis questioned. "I'd never wish that on anyone, I can't imagine anything worse,"

"Huh," answered Harry. "Why wouldn't you want that? You could do anything, see anything, hear anything you want without anyone knowing."

"That's the thing, no one would know you're there. I want people to know where I am."

"Not right now you don't,"

"Good point," Louis said. "I'd want telekinesis."

"Teleka-what?" Harry asked.

"Telekinesis," Louis repeated himself. "It's where you can move things with your mind. If I had telekinesis, you wouldn't need to be driving, I could think it and the car would be driving itself. I could fly."

"I'd still rather be invisible," Harry decided.

"Loser."

-

"I'm hungry again," Louis complained, gazing at Harry from the passengers seat. The younger boy nodded absentmindedly.

"Harry," Louis repeated himself. "Did you even hear what I said?"

Harry blushed, finally looking over at the boy and shaking his head no. "Sorry," he said sheepishly.

"I'm hungry, it's time to go out for dinner. Now."

"Demanding much?" Harry laughed. "Okay, I'll take you out to dinner."

"Well when you put it that way, it sounds like a date," commented Louis, before realizing that he'd actually said that out loud.

Blushing, he hurriedly faced away from the green eyed boy in the drivers seat. He heard a chuckle, and ever so faintly, a "Yeah, just like a date." But then again, he could just be imagining things.

Before Louis' tummy could grumble again, Harry was in the parking lot of a pizza place unfamiliar to Louis; however, most things in America were unfamiliar to him.

With a chime of the bells, the two boys entered the restaurant and followed a waitress to an empty seat. They were in an out-of-the-way small town, and luckily, nobody in out-of-the-way, small town seemed to recognize them.

Leaving them with their menus, the waitress sauntered off, winking at Harry as she went. It was a mixture of jealousy and insecurity that made Louis lose his appetite.

Look at her, he thought. Do you look like her? No. Harry may lean towards boys, but he's definitely still into girls. What are you thinking? You have no shot. Look at her, look at you.

"I'm not really hungry anymore," Louis said, looking up from his plastic menu and the wooden diner table.

"You're kidding right?" Harry asked. "You were the one that was hungry!"

A bit frightened, Louis nodded quickly. He didn't want to upset the boy, he just wanted to be perfect for him.

I bet she doesn't eat pizzas, Louis thought, but he nodded anyways and decided on a slice of pepperoni.

Even though Harry could sing in front of thousands of people every other night, something about ordering in restaurants and talking to employees at shops had always freaked him out. Knowing this, Louis ordered for him when the waitress returned with their waters.

"I'll have one slice of pepperoni, please." Louis ordered. The waitress nodded and wrote it down quickly, looking at Harry and adjusting her shirt a little lower. She was startled when Louis ordered for the boy. "And he'll have two slices of cheese, please."

With a humph, the waitress turned on her heel and left to go get their dinner.

Meanwhile, Harry chuckled.

"Can you get any more desperate?" He wondered aloud. "And I didn't know shirts could go so low."

Louis just nodded in agreement, looking out the window.

"Lou?"

He looked up at Harry quickly and was met with the inquisitive eyes of his best friend. Louis sighed inwardly.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked.

"Yeah," Louis answered. "Just tired."

Soon enough, the waitress came back with their meal and the two boys scarfed down their food, the older more hesitantly than the younger.

When she came back with the bill, Harry pulled out his wallet.

"Wait," Louis interjected. "I'll pay," he was confused when Harry laughed, and just a little hurt.

"Sorry, boo." Harry said. "First off, we all know I'm the man in this relationship, and secondly, I have the money."

As Harry paid, all Louis could think about was Harry's words. The man in the relationship, relationship! Butterflies were all over Louis' insides as they walked out the front doors and into the car.

To perfectly end the date, Harry held open the door for Louis to climb in.

"M'lady," he said, causing the butterflies to explode inside the older boy.

"M'lord," Louis winked cheekily, ducking back inside the car as the engine revved and Harry pulled out of the parking lot. Louis looked him over once, before reaching over and dialling up the volume.

[e d i t e d   1 0 . 1 9 . 1 5]

[there isn't really even an update schedule anymore]