Chapter 28

"Are you getting peckish yet?" Harry asked the small boy, his own stomach growling mercilessly. Hearing another stomach join his and harmonize, Harry took it as a yes.

"Pizza, please," Louis requested.

"'Course, babe," Harry hummed, grabbing Louis' hand in his and caressing his tan skin gently. "Anything for you."

Louis gave a shy smile that was overflowing with love. Harry was just too perfect, too good to be real. It was dumb to think that after having spent so much time with him, but Louis couldn't help but still feel irrevocable love for him.

Pulling in to the deteriorating parking lot, Louis had to think about how many times in the future they'd be able to do this without the swarms of paparazzi following them. Not a lot.

Harry opened the door for Louis, grabbing his outstretched hand and placing a faint kiss on it.

"M'lady," he said cheekily.

Louis groaned and rolled his eyes. "You do this every time you open the door for me," he waited for a second before winking at Harry. "M'lord."

Harry, being the gentleman he was, opened the door to the restaurant for Louis. The girl who lead them to their table did so soundless, her eyes filled with awe.

"Here are your menus," she said normally, as if it were not Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson right in front of her. "Can I get you anything to start off with?"

Louis didn't think Harry wanted anything, but he confirmed with his eyes knowing Harry wouldn't have said anything anyways.

"Just water, thanks," he ordered.

As the waiter left, a calm silence overtook the two boys, only bring broken by Harry.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"For what?" Louis answered, not sure of what he meant.

"To, like, go back."

Louis understood, that was one of the perks to having been attached at the hip for five years straight.

"No," he answered honestly. He wasn't ready to enter their world again, with all of the screaming and yelling and fighting that constantly surrounded them.

"It's just been so bloody perfect," commented Harry.

"I know what you mean, it's like a fucking fairytale."

"Yeah?" Harry winked. "And I'm the prince, of course."

Louis scoffed. "You? We all know I'm the prince charming here."

"No," Harry countered. "You're too short for that."

"Am not!" Louis exclaimed. "Besides, I'm sure Prince Charming was 5'9 as well."

Harry laughed. "First of all, no matter how much you think it's true, you're not 5'9. Secondly, google it."

"Fine," Louis frowned, pulling out his phone and typing away.

The waitress approached the table cautiously. "Are you ready to order?"

"Yes," Louis growled. "Also, do you know how tall Prince Charming was?"

Taken aback, the waitress choked out a flustered reply. "Ah, well, no," she said. "But I'd always imagined him was six feet, if not more."

Harry grinned. "I told you so!"

"Whatever," Louis said. "We'll split a large cheese, please."

"No problem," the waitress giggled, brushing her hair out of her face. "It'll just be a few minutes."

She arrived back with the pizza, alerting the boys of the amount of tie they'd spent just admiring one another. Clearing his throat, Louis blushed and thanked her. He practically moaned at the taste of the pizza hitting his tongue.

"That's so damn good," he groaned.

"Oh, God," Harry added. "This is the best fucking pizza I've ever had."

"Right?" Louis spat through a mouthful of food. "I could live off of this."

Finishing up and paying the bill, the two boys walked hand in hand to the car. As Harry pulled away, Louis had a thought. He rolled up his window, just to be safe.

"Harry," he said. "Would we come out?"

Harry paled. "Like, as a couple? 'Cause, I mean, obviously yes, at some point. Whenever, you know-"

"Don't ramble, sweetie," Louis chastised, rubbing up and down Harry's arm gently seeing as he'd scared the boy. "I was just wondering when would be a good time."

Harry sighed, pushing his curls out of his face. "Well, there's never a good time, is there," he said.

"Yeah," Louis agreed. "That's why I was thinking it should be tonight."

Harry braked the car fast. "What?" He exclaimed, being thrown back into his seat.

"If there is no good time, why not now?" He asked.

"But," Harry sputtered. "But Niall! But Liam, and management, and everyone else, all the consequences Louis! You can't always be so impulsive."

"Oh, yeah?" He challenged. "Let's call Liam and see what he says."

Harry groaned. "Fine," he said. " But when Liam agrees with me I get to say I told you so."

Louis wasn't listening, though, he put his phone on speaker and listened to the three obnoxious rings before Liam picked up.

"Hello?" Liam asked, his voice crackly through the cell speakers.

"Yes, hi," Louis said formally.

"Um, Lou?" Liam questioned, not used to Louis' sentences being so put together and professional. "What's up?"

"Well, Liam. What would you say if I said that Harry and I are dating and want to come out on stage tonight in LA?"

"What?" Harry exclaimed again. "On stage?"

"Um, duh," Louis said. "We've got to have flare."

"Hold up," Liam interrupted. "You two are dating? Louis finally got the balls to ask you out, Haz?"

"Well, actually-" Louis started.

"He blackmailed me into it!" Harry interjected. "But I'm glad this loser did."

"Guys!" Liam yelled. "Slow down, I'm getting Niall. Do you even know how much he bugs me about you two getting together? A lot."

Louis laughed as he heard shouting in the background.

"What? No fucking way!" Niall yelled, his voice getting louder with every word.

"Right?" Liam squealed. "Oh it's taken too long."

Harry laughed. "Funny how the two biggest Larry shippers have been our own best friends this whole time."

"Larry is real!" Niall screamed.

Louis grabbed Harry's hand as he waited for sensible Liam to kick back in.

"Yeah," Liam said. "Yeah that could work, actually."

Harry's jaw dropped, he hadn't expected Liam to agree with Louis. "But management!" He cried.

"Fuck 'em," Liam said. "They're already right done with the two of you, make sure you get here late enough that they won't have time to yell at you before the show."

"I told you so," smirked Louis, shutting off his phone as Niall sang in the background. "And you got another thing wrong. The biggest Larry shipper here is me."

-

That took forever because I'm very talented in the art of procrastinating so yeah sorry

This book will be done on the 28th, my time which is very very behind the rest of the world. Either way, this book only took one month, so that's pretty cool. doesn't mean you should stop voting or commenting though ;)

also this is an s/o to the one or two male readers, i see you guys ok