Chapter 23

"Baby," Harry said, jolting Louis into a state of awareness. "Are you ready to go?"

Louis stood just inside the door of their hotel room, his bag slung carelessly over his shoulder and his hair a mess from Harry pulling on it so hard while they, you know, made out.

"Yeah, sorry," Louis replied distantly, following Harry out the door and shutting it behind him.

"You good?" Harry asked as they walked to the elevator, Louis dragging behind a little.

"Mhm," he mumbled, still lost in thought.

When they reached the lobby, Harry stopped to see if the receptionist from before was still there. Seeing that she was, he grabbed a sleepy Louis' hand and pulled him along to say goodbye.

"Hey!" Harry exclaimed, running up to her and bouncing on the balls of his feet, Louis didn't know where he'd gotten all of his energy from.

Puneet looked up, recognizing his voice and grinned again.

"Oh my god!" She yelped. "I didn't think I'd see you guys again, I swear I thought it was a dream."

Louis smiled a bit, walking up to the desk as well. "'Course," he said. "We couldn't forget our favourite fan."

It appeared as if she was hyperventilating, and Louis freaked out a bit. "I mean, like, you're the only one that really knows what's going on and stuff," he trailed off.

"I'm just so happy," she sighed, a dreamy smile ghosting her lips.

"We're glad," Harry winked. "But Lou and I have got to get going."

Still exhilarated, she waved them off. "I can't believe it, good luck. I wish you the best on behalf of, well, everyone."

This had Louis smiling, the support that he craved was there, and this girl was showing him. "Thank you, but Harry's quite right, we're on a schedule."

"Bye," she chimed, waving the two boys off as they headed out the hotel doors and to their car.

"We're so lucky," Harry grinned, leaning against the car as Louis popped the trunk.

He snorted and placed his and Harry's bags in it. "That was just one opinion."

"Grouchy," Harry commented. "What's got your panties in a bunch?"

Louis stomped off to the passengers side and Harry swung in to the drivers seat.

"Oh, wait," he winked. "It was me."

It was also an attempt to un-bunch Louis' hypothetical panties, but he seemed to be in one of his moods again. Harry didn't know what he had done wrong.

Breathing out heavily, he turned the car back on to the highway and dialled up the volume.

Louis looked out the window at the world rushing by. He felt the way his thighs touched and how his stomach sagged over the waistband of his shorts just enough for him to notice. And he hated it.

"McDonalds for lunch sound good to you?" Harry asked after a while, breaking his self deprecating train of thought.

Not really hungry, Louis answered anyways. "Sure."

When Harry pulled in to the restaurants parking lot, Louis' stomach was in knots. He didn't want to eat, he wanted to look like Harry. Harry must have faster metabolism than me, he thought, trying to find a reason for Harry's body being so much nicer than his.

Or maybe Louis' eyes lied to him, that's what Harry was thinking. How could such a gorgeous boy not see himself that way?

Guiding the distracted Louis to a table in the back of the room, Harry went to get their orders. It was something he hated doing, but he wanted to be there for Louis.

"Lou?" He asked, returning the boy's attention to himself. "Here's your food."

"Thanks," Louis answered mildly, setting it down in front of him but making no move to unwrap it.

Harry sighed and stared at the gorgeous boy in front of him. How could he not see how beautiful he was? Sure, his shoulders were sagging a little and his eyes were dreary, but Harry could think of nothing more alluring than Louis.

"You're beautiful," he said, sitting across the table.

Louis looked up, startled and sad. "I'm not," he said. "How can you not see that? How can you not see all of the extra fat on me, and how I don't had big muscles or pretty hair like you?"

It was Harry's turn to be startled. This boy, that he was falling for so damn quickly couldn't see why he was falling at all.

"You're so fucking handsome, so pretty too," Harry stated, standing up and reaching out his hand for Louis. "Follow me."

Protesting lightly, Louis let himself be dragged towards the bathrooms, unsure of Harry's intention.

Harry used the sleeve of his shirt to wipe a patch of grime off the mirror.

"Look," he commanded, pointing at Louis' reflection. "Look at yourself and tell me what you see."

Louis took a step back to see more of himself, and he hated it. He hated the way he looked and he couldn't find the words to explain it to Harry.

"I just, I don't want to look," he said. "I hate seeing myself, I hate the way I don't look more like you, or Liam, or Niall. You all look the way you're supposed to, but not me."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry questioned, puzzled by Louis' sloppily strung together words.

"Don't you see how my thighs touch?!" Louis exclaimed pointing at the gorgeous thighs Harry loved so much. "Or how my jawline just doesn't look like yours? What about my muffin top, all of this fat that keeps building up. It's hideous. I'm hideous!"

Harry shook his head, not believing the words that came out of Louis' mouth.

"Let's start from the bottom," he murmured, pointing at Louis' feet.

"Look at those cute little feet, they're so much smaller than mine. I love that about you."

"Now look at your legs, your legs that are so fucking sexy, I can't handle them. Sure, your thighs touch, but so do mine. So do anyone's, if they're healthy like you. Plus, it's just more Louis. I love that about you."

"Your stomach, fuck, I love it. I could look at it all day. Those abs, Louis, they're there. Why don't you see them?"

"Why don't you see how your arms are so much more muscular than mine? And they could pick me up and carry me away, even though I'm so much bigger than you. I love that about you, Lou."

"And your eyes, they're so blue and so pretty. I could stare into them forever, no matter how cheesy that sounds."

"Last, your lips. Your bubblegum pink lips that have got me feeling so deep in with you. I want to kiss them so bad, Lou, and I want to kiss those pretty tears away. No one like you deserves to cry."

So that's what Harry did, he took the smaller boys face in his hand and kissed away each tear that fell from his electric blue eyes until there were no more falling, and then he placed his lips on the bubblegum pink ones.

-

Well this is cool. I still can't remember my clever authors note so you get this.
Comment if you um
Like pizza cause I do.