Chapter 24

Harry loved the stubble on Louis' face and the golden brown tan on his arms. Louis was beautiful, but he couldn't see it, and that bothered Harry.

Because Louis was beautiful everywhere, not just from his fingers to his toes but in his mind and his heart. He was gorgeous, loving, caring, giving, he was everything Harry wished he was and more.

The boy just did so much for everyone, always putting others before himself, that's how Harry wanted to be. Right now, Louis was being so bloody superficial, and it had Harry reeling. Why couldn't he see that even if Louis was overweight, or if his face was run over by a motorcycle, Harry would love him anyways?

"Eyes on the road," Louis complained, noticing Harry staring.

Grinning, Harry reluctantly looked away. "I can't help it, you're just too pretty."

"Shut up," he mumbled. Louis looked out the window, feeling like he had to compliment Harry as well. "You're not so bad yourself."

Harry choked out a mix between a laugh and a groan. "Lou, you're so bloody sappy. Stop."

"Am not!" Louis cried. "Well, I'm a sap for you," he winked.

If Harry hadn't been driving, he would've kissed Louis then. He was, however, driving, so he settled for wrapping his arm around him.

"Look at where we are," said Louis after a while.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"I mean," replied Louis. "We're getting pretty close."

Harry looked around, seeing their desert-like surroundings.

"Huh," he said. "You're right. Can you google it?"

Louis nodded, pulling his phone out of his back pocket and quickly typing away. A frown took over his dainty features.

"I'm right," he frowned.

"Whys that so bad? You're usually ecstatic to be right," Harry commented.

"It means we're going to have to go back to, you know, being us. Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles. I don't want that," Louis sighed, clicking is phone off. "We'll be there tomorrow in time for the show."

Harry frowned too. "Even if I drive slow?" He whined.

"Even if you drive slow," Louis confirmed.

"I don't want this to end," Louis said. "I like being with you, and away from everyone else."

"Me too, why does our break have to end so soon?" Harry answered, removing his arm from Louis and running his spindly fingers through his hair in frustration.

Louis thought for a moment. Why did it have to end so soon? Why couldn't they forget about the show, forget about LA? He knew the answer, though. He knew that Liam and Niall depended on them coming back, and the fans were expecting them to be there.

"I know," Louis sighed. "I feel you, boo."

"Do you know what that makes this?" Harry asked.

"No," Louis retorted, unsure.

"This is our last full day of driving, Lou."

The fact that Harry was right dawned on Louis. He'd known it was there last full day of driving, but it handy hit him until then.

It meant no more midnight kisses in dingy hotels, and no more timed gas stops and snack runs. It meant no more reenacting cheesy movies without the world on their backs about it.

And it really fucking upset Louis. He didn't want it to end.

"What's going to happen, though?" Louis interrupted himself.

Valid question, Harry thought. Why did he have to ask me first? Why couldn't I ask him?

"I don't know," said Harry.

"You have to know!" Louis exploded. "We have to know, I have to know. I need to know if you're just going to forget about this because I don't think I could handle that."

Harry was shocked, to say the least.

Slamming on the breaks, he pulled over to the side of the road.

"Get out," he growled, pointing to Louis' door.

Louis hesitated, unsure of why Harry was so angry. Actually, he was mildly terrified.

"Get out!" Harry repeated, glaring at Louis.

Listening timidly, Louis did as he was told and quietly shit the car door behind him, contrary to Harry's smashing his closed.

"You're so fucking insecure!" Harry shouted angrily. "It drives me crazy!"

"I'm sorry," Louis whimpered, leaning against the car. 

"No," Harry sighed. "I am, I shouldn't have yelled."

Louis frowned, not liking to see his Haz upset. "It's fine," he whispered staring at his feet.

"It's not," argued Harry, walking over to Louis.

Grabbing, Louis chin, Harry stared into his watery eyes. "Don't cry, love."

"Sorry," Louis whispered again.

Harry groaned and rubbed his face with his free hand, still keeping hold of Louis'. "Stop apologizing, too. You sound like you're from that place, Canada."

Louis let out a wet chuckle and leaned forward, kissing Harry softly.

Pulling away gently, Harry took a moment to admire Louis.

"So damn pretty," he mumbled.

"'M not," Louis answered, further angering Harry.

He grunted, pushing Louis up against the car roughly. "What do I need to do to get you to see that?"

Something in Louis snapped, something big. It was good, though. He felt confident.

"You could ask me to be your boyfriend," he smirked, flipping them so Harry was now pressed against the car.

"Maybe I will," Harry flirted back.

"Oh yeah?" Louis retorted, pecking his nose before letting go. "Prove it."

"Fine," Harry laughed, getting down on one knee. "Louis Tomlinson, will you be my boyfriend?"

Louis was shocked, but his answer was undeniable.

"Yes."

-

Oops that's short but it's up. I'm so tired so please point out my mistakes. Love you all xxxxx