Chapter 30

Deep breaths, Louis commanded himself. In and out, come on.

"Louis Tomlinson!" Shrieked his stylist as he jerked his head to one side, messing up all the work she had put in to it.

"Sorry," he squeaked, obediently looking back at the mirror.

He felt the weight of a hot hand on his shoulder and looked in the mirror's reflection to discern who it was. Harry.

"Hey, love," he drawled, planting a kiss on top of Louis' head and earning a light punch on his arm from the stylist.

"He's already ruined it once," she complained. "There are only twenty minutes until you go on, so bugger off."

Rolling his eyes, Harry stepped away to go mess with another person backstage. "Bye, baby!" He called over his shoulder.

A stupid grin rose to Louis' face that didn't go unnoticed by the stylist.

"So the two of you, now, huh?" She inquired, making Louis blush even more.

"Yeah," he answered dreamily. "He's so perfect."

She laughed and brushed through his hair once more. "Well you're done, go have some fun now. Ten minutes until you're on, okay?"

"Thank you," Louis smiled, getting a smile in return.

She winked at him and made a shooing motion with her hands. "Ah, to be young and to be in love."

Harry saw Louis get up from his chair, laughing at something his stylist had said. He wanted to be the reason for that breathtaking laugh.

As Louis sauntered over, Harry quickly caught his reflection in the mirror. Thank god for stylists, he couldn't make himself look like that even if he tried. 

Howling a wolf whistle, Harry caught Louis' attention.

"You're looking fine tonight," he winked.

"As are you," Louis flirted back shamelessly.

Harry threw his arm around his boyfriend's shoulders and lead him to a point where they could see their opening act performing.

"Look how many people are out there," Louis gulped.

"Now you're nervous?" Harry asked incredulously. "This was your idea."

Louis shrugged timidly. "It feels a whole lot more, like, real now that I can see everyone."

"I know what you mean, Lou," Harry said. "I know what you mean."

With a shout, their attention was refocused on Liam who stood on his stool with his hands cupped around his mouth. "Five minutes!"

Louis leaned up on his tippy toes, close enough that his breath mixed with Harry's. "Ready love?"

Harry nodded and leaned in seven farther, his lips lightly brushing against Louis' bubblegum ones. "Tease," he whispered, pushing them together.

Their kiss was interrupted by Niall clapping his hands together.

"As much as I am the captain of this ship, it's time for the show circle."

Whining, Louis detached himself from Harry, pushing his arm away as he reached to tussle the fluffy fringe.

"Hey, paws off."

"I do not have paws, I am a person thank you very much," Harry protested.

Louis grabbed his hand. "Your hands are bigger than bear's feet, babe."