Chapter 13

Louis woke up to light streaming through the cracked blinds of their hotel window. There was a weight around his body, so he slowly blinked his eyes open and squinted, he was staring straight at a tattoo.

Oh no, Louis thought. He had known he wouldn't be able to stop himself from snuggling with the younger boy.

It's not a big deal, we've done it before, he reminded himself as consolation. But not with you feeling this way! Louis' subconscious screamed back.

With the devil and angel on his shoulders, fighting in his head, he looked up, relieved to see that Harry was still sleeping. He feels the thump, thump of Harry's heart beat and the in, out of Harry's breaths.

Harry feels the way Louis heart starts beating faster against his stomach and the way his breathing quickly fans onto his collarbones, and that's enough to wake him up.

"Morning, love," he whispered, blinking sleepily at the boy on his chest.

"I'm sorry!" Louis squeaked, confusing Harry. "I didn't mean to, you know, be on top of you, I was asleep and it just sort of happened-"

Oh, Louis was worried. Boy, was he worried, because what if Harry thought he was weird now? What if this is too much, Harry knows he's gay. What if this weirds him out?

"There's no need to say sorry," Harry interrupted, still half awake and whispering.

"Okay," Louis said apologetically. Harry groaned and rolled his eyes, evoking a giggle from Louis.

"We should probably get up and hit the road," said Harry.

"Okay," giggled Louis again.

"Do you know what time it is?" Harry asked, becoming distracted by the tiny fingers tracing patterns on his chest.

"No," Louis said, smiling shyly. Harry thought that it was about the most adorable thing he'd ever seen.

"Is my phone on the nightstand?" Harry asked, Louis looked and nodded. "Can you grab it please?"

Louis didn't want to, he was so comfortable and content. He never wanted to move, ever.

"Please?" Harry asked, blinking fast and looking at Louis with his big green eyes.

"Fine," Louis said, grabbing it and passing it to Harry.

Suddenly, Harry's eyes grew even wider than before.

"Shit!" He yelled, not believing his phone. It couldn't be noon, they had so much driving to do today.

He pushed Louis off of him and on to the ground with a thud, not even acknowledging that he had done so, and started throwing things in his bag with one arm and trying to tug on his pants with the other.

"What the fuck, Harry?" Louis exclaimed, rubbing his head where he'd hit it.

"Sorry!" Harry yelled frantically. "Hurry up!" He added.

"What's the rush?" Louis asked, covering his stomach as he felt his muffin top hanging over the waistline of his boxers.

Then, he felt a grip on his arm pulling him to his feet.

"It's noon!" Harry cried, now fully dressed and grabbing his toothbrush. "We've missed so much driving time already,"

"But we didn't even shower," Louis whined. Grabbing his toothbrush as well, he followed Harry into the bathroom.

"Unless you wanna shower together," Harry said, glaring at Louis in the mirror. "You're going to have to suck it up. We're way behind schedule."

"Fine," Louis groaned, spitting and getting all of his stuff together before picking out shorts and a t-shirt and throwing them on as they raced out the door with their bags. "But it's not my fault we're gonna smell later!"

Harry winked over his shoulder as he raced in front of Louis, pushing the elevator button.

Louis caught up and tapped his foot. He gave up and reached for Harry's hand, pulling him towards the stairs.

"The elevator's going to take all day," he reasoned, but really, he just wanted an excuse to hold Harry's hand.

As they reached the last step, Lois bag caught on the banister and he tumbled painfully to the floor.

"I'm so clumsy," he groaned dramatically. Picking himself up and dusting himself off, he threw the room keys to the receptionist as they raced out the front doors to their car, forgetting about breakfast all together.

"No shit," Harry laughed as he stuck the keys in and turned them.

"Shut up," Louis whined, hurting almost all over from his two tumbles that morning.

"Make me," Harry winked, and then Louis could think only about all the ways he could make Harry do just that.