Chapter 7

"Harry?"

"Yes, Lou?"

"I'm tired,"

"Okay,"

"Harry?"

"Yes, Lou?"

"I'm tired,"

"Goddammit!" Yelled Harry exasperatedly, hitting the steering wheel and accidentally honking the horn. One of the cars around them honked back. "Stop bloody telling me that!"

He had good reason to yell, as Louis had been repeating himself since seven thirty, when they'd left the restaurant, and it was now quarter after nine.

Shrinking back, Louis muttered a "Sorry," and looked out the window.

"I'm sorry, boo," Harry said. "I didn't mean to snap. Can you google what hotels are around?"

Louis nodded, still silent and pulled out his phone, typing away quickly. One of the benefits to being an international pop star was an unlimited data plan worldwide.

"There's a place near here called the Fairfield Inn," Louis said, opening google apps and placing his phone on the dashboard for Harry to follow the directions.

"Thanks, love."

Louis was giddy over Harry's words. Being praised by Harry was Louis' absolute favourite thing, it gave him a warm feeling and ten thousand butterflies in his stomach.

Quickly, Louis dozed off against the window to the sound of pavement rolling beneath their tires.

He was woken to Harry jostling him and whispering in his ear.

"Lou," he breathed. "We're at the hotel, it's time to get up."

"No,"

"Come on, Lou."

"No, carry me."

"If you don't get up right now, don't think I won't tickle you."

"Fine!" Louis exclaimed, sitting up straight and opening the passenger door to get out. "I'm up, I'm up."

"Good," Harry grinned, already walking through the parking lot with both of their bags, always the gentleman.

"Room 307," the receptionist told Louis, handing him two key cards.

"Thanks," he replied, trudging through the hotel lobby towards the elevator, a rather lost Harry behind him.

Fitting the two boys and their bags into the elevator alongside everyone else already there was quite difficult, but above all they were just lucky that nobody seemed to recognize them.

"Three, please," Louis told the couple nearest to the elevator panel, the woman nodded and up they went.

-

The light on the door handle to their hotel room flashed green and the slab of wood creaked open, revealing a room much under the standards of what the boys were used to.

"Well," Louis said, a little stunned at the ratty twin beds and cracked yellow walls.

"For what we're paying, this is good." Harry said, trying to make up for the fact that they would be sleeping in a dump for the night.

"Yes," Louis muttered, clearing his throat. "Yes, this is fine. Why did Liam take our credit cards again? I know that my debit is almost empty."

"Because the credit cards are easier to track," replied Harry, sticking up for Liam. "He's just looking out for us."

"Remind me to thank him later," Louis retorted sarcastically, taking his bag from Harry and throwing it on to the bed closest to the window.

"I will," Harry chuckled, pulling out his phone. He should send a quick text to Liam, to let him know they're okay. Knowing him, he was probably worried out of his mind. Just like he'd expected, he opened his phone to seven missed calls from Niall, and 19 voicemails from Liam accompanied by eight texts from Liam.

are u ok ?

did u gt my note

haz where r u

where r u

mngmnt is flipping shit, beware

i hope ur safe

let us know .x

answer ur damn phone haz

Harry looked up and snorted at Louis' expression, he appeared to be reading the same things as Harry, judging by the giddy look on his face. The other boy looked up at Harry, noticed him staring and quickly looked back down at his phone, typing something at lightning speed. Odd, thought Harry, noticing the faint pink mixed with the stubble on Lou's face.

Embarrassed, Louis was blushing. He was on Instagram, stalking a Harry fanpage. He couldn't help it, the boy was so hot, and the things their fans could do with photoshop-

"Lou, it's half past ten, we need to be up early tomorrow," interrupted Harry, pulling Louis away from his very inventive imagination.

"Hm?" Louis mumbled, not hearing what Harry had said

"Go to sleep," Harry laughed, not pushing it.

Nodding, Louis stripped down into his boxers, Harry doing the same. Once in bed, Louis reached over to turn off the light on their nightstand.

"Night, Harry."

"Night, love."

Love, when Harry called Louis love, it sent his head spinning and his mind wondering: Could we ever be anything more? It hadn't taken long for Louis to fall head over feet for the curly haired boy, but the fact that Harry constantly asked Louis for relationship advice with other people brought the imminent truth about.

Harry wouldn't love Louis the way Louis loved him.

~

This is cool, haha. There are actually people reading this. That's exciting. Vote please it would make me happy yup