Chapter 29

"Drive slower," Louis whined, bumping Harry's bicep with his boney elbow. "I don't want to get there."

"Me neither, Lou," Harry sighed, frowning a little. "But we do have a show tonight."

Louis rolled his eyes and turned away. Grumpy, he was. "I don't care."

"Baby," Harry sang sweetly, leaning over to rub Louis' back. "You know that we've got to go."

Still ignoring Harry, Louis let a groan escape through his lips.

"We owe it to them," Harry reasoned. "Besides, tonight's our big night, yeah?"

Sighing, Louis faced Harry again, a small smile tugging on the corners of his lips. "Yeah," he said. "You're right."

"I can't believe it," Harry said after a while. "Like, where we are now compared to where we were five years ago."

Louis nodded. "It some ways it feels like a lifetime ago, but others it seems like just yesterday."

"Poetic," Harry grinned.

"Oi," Louis blushed. "Shut up."

Harry didn't need to say anything, Louis knew what he was thinking.

"Sicko," he coughed to hide his smile.

"You love it," Harry chimed cheekily, turning up the radio.

Louis bobbed his head to the time of the music for a moment.

"Why are trumpets making such a big comeback?" He asked.

Harry looked at him quizzically. "What?"

"And pineapples," Louis added. "And flamingoes."

Smiling, Harry looked back to the highway, seeing palm trees in their rear view mirrors. "You're a little odd, love."

Louis just shrugged, he didn't mind if Harry thought that. "I prefer the terms eccentric and quirky, thanks."

"Yeah?" Harry laughed. "How about adorable, loveable, and sexy as hell."

"Hush, you," Louis complained, raising his hands to his flaming cheeks. "You're making me blush."

Harry giggled, and so did Louis. Soon they were a laughing mess rolling about their little car as it sped down the freeway.

"God," Louis said. "I love you, I love this."

Harry just smiled, leaning back and letting a happy chuckle escape his pink lips.

"You're pretty, Hazza."

"You're prettier, Lou," Harry retorted lightly.

Chronically blushing was a new trait of Louis', and he didn't particularly enjoy it. He wondered if it would stick with him, now that Harry was around to constantly compliment him.

All too soon, Harry's face was paling and Louis' grin was falling. The two boys were pulling in to their LA parking lot.

Harry rested his forehead against the steering wheel and a breathed a drawn out sigh of defeat. He wasn't ready for their trip to be over, at least not yet.

"Can we just, like, sit here for a minute?" Louis asked, his eyes mildly glazed over giving the appearance of a chilled ocean. 

"Yeah," Harry said. "That would be good."

So they sat, they sat in their car and wondered about the future, about all the different ways this day could end for them.

The fans would support them, Louis knew. He also knew that Niall and Liam were behind them, and apparently had been for a while. When. Management came knocking about this, they would support them.

"Harry?" Louis asked, getting his attention. The boy lifted his head off of the steering wheel, his curls plastered to his chalky skin. "I love you, ok?"

"I know you do, darling," Harry said, rubbing his eyes. "But I swear, I love you more."

Louis let out a mix between a groan and a chortle. "We're not teenagers anymore, I thought we'd moved away from that sappy stuff they say."

"Only for you, boo," he grinned, his dimples popping and his pearly, white teeth shining like his eyes.

Louis' eyes met Harry's and he stared. This boy, this lovely, doe-eyed boy had him smiling so hard that his jaw was aching. How odd he thought it was that two people like themselves could have this moment. A moment of complete adoration for one another in the swanky parking lot of some hotel for washed up, rich, inconsiderate losers.

It may be an odd moment, but it was one Louis wanted to last forever.

"I don't want this to end, ever," he said, holding his boyfriend's hand. It dwarfed his smaller one, but that was ok. It was the way he liked it.

"It's not ending, love," Harry replied. "Everything is going to be amazing, I promise."

Louis grinned, reaching up to ruffle Harry's curly hair.

"Never cut that, okay?"

"Never?" Harry asked.

"No, never," Louis confirmed. "You are my little princess."

"Awe, Lou, I thought you were my princess," Harry pouted, opening the door of the car and climbing out. "At least you can be m'lady."

"M'lord," Louis laughed. It was a stupid ritual, but it was their's and that's what counter to Louis.

Rubbing his hands together, Louis watched Harry unload the trunk, throwing a hat and sunglasses in Louis' direction first, along with their blanket. Obediently, Louis put the hat and sunglasses on, throwing the blanket over his shoulder like a towel.

Grabbing the other two bags, Harry heaved a sigh and reached his free hand out to Louis, who took it gladly.

"Ready?" Harry asked.

"Ready."

Sprinting, the two boys took off to the back doors of the hotel, seeing them being held open by Niall and Liam. Their bags bumped and their hips bashed, but that was okay because it was a memory Louis would like to keep.

"I can feel my heart beating in my chest," Harry grinned as Liam closed the door behind them.

Louis looked up at him and smiled. "That's the way you should feel your whole life."

Tackling them, Niall let out a loud screech. "Forever! I've waited forever for this!"

"He has a point," Liam added. "We made a bet during the X Factor that this would happen, Zayn didn't believe us."

Louis and Harry unloaded their things onto the other two boys, following them up towards the elevator.

"I've been waiting too," Louis whispered, not knowing Harry could hear him.

Maybe Harry had been waiting too, maybe he just hadn't known it. Maybe they were meant to be together.

-

what another chapter? and only one more left. comment if you'll miss this book

notice that i didn't comment, this was garbage and will be edited drastically

also, why does this have 1.8k reads but 1.9k comments? that's not the way it's supposed to work guys, chill hahaha