Chapter 10

How many calories are in a mcdonalds wrap

Louis angled his phones away from Harry's prying eyes so that he couldn't see what the older boy was doing.

"Oh, texting your boyfriend?" Harry teased.

"Something like that," answered Louis, frustratedly waiting for the page to load.

450, Louis' phone told him. He turned it off and pocketed it, focussing back on Harry. He couldn't help the way his heart beat a little faster at the lack of a smile on Harry's face.

"You jealous, love?" Louis asked, laughing at the tall boy.

"Yes," he mumbled dejectedly, pouting at Louis. "Are you cheating on me?"

Harry batted his eyelashes at Louis, who tried and failed to play it off coolly. "Psh, n-no," he sputtered, blushing like mad.

"Liar! That hurts deep!" Harry cried, trailing his finger down his cheekbone to imitate a tear.

"Sorry," love, Louis added in his mind. Sorry, love. Sorry, babe. Sorry, sweetie. All things he couldn't say as Louis was merely a friend to Harry, nothing more.

"Also," pushed Harry. "We need to stop for dinner soon, it's quarter to six. What do you feel like?"

"I don't know," Louis answered. Harry eyed him suspiciously, he'd been acting down all day. "I mean," continued Louis hesitantly. "Any thing's fine, really."

"Okay," said Harry, puzzled by his friend's off behaviour. Harry thinks he knows what's going on, and he hates it. Occasionally, Louis would go through fits of trying to 'better' himself for others. He wouldn't eat, wouldn't talk, wouldn't voice his own opinion if it was contradictory to someone else. It really hurt Harry to see his best friend hurting so much that he would change who he was because of it. Often, it would stem from something a fan said, or the way someone was acting around him, but Harry couldn't figure out the root of this one. He only wanted Louis to be happy.

Harry pulled onto the next exit with a fork and a knife on the sign and slowed down in the parking lot of a Japanese restaurant. They sat down at their table, waiting for the food Louis had ordered for them, and Harry watched as Louis twiddled his thumbs in the harsh diner lights.

The waitress came back, holding two plates of sushi and Harry's stomach growled.

"So once we get back to LA for the show-"

"Don't forget a bucket," Harry interrupted.

"What? Why?" Louis asked, what was he talking about?

"To carry your tune!" Harry finished.

"Harry," Louis said. "You're not funny,"

"I am!" Harry protested.

"No, not at all," Louis cracked a grin, lightening Harry's spirits. He'd done it, he'd snapped Louis mood, he could tell by the way the famished boy was shovelling down his dinner.

"Whatever," Harry grumbled through a grin, gulping down his dinner too.

Satisfied with their meal, Harry paid with his debit card, praying it wasn't traceable. He gave the bill back to their waitress and held out his hand for Louis.

Louis looked at his hand hesitantly, before reaching out to take it. With a tug, Harry had him up and out of their booth as they walked towards the front food of the restaurant.

The doors slammed shut behind them with a bang and Harry dropped Louis hand, causing him to pull it back into his chest, warm with Harry's touch.

"Oh my god!" They heard a squeal from the dark parking lot, eyes meeting, they knew they were busted.

A teenage girl ran up to them squealing with watery eyes.

"I can't believe it! I thought you were in LA!" Cried the girl happily.

"Er, yes about that-" Harry said, trying to cover their tracks.

"Can I get a picture? And can you sign this? My friends aren't going to believe me. O-M-G!"

Harry sighed, he loved the fans, truly, madly and deeply, but this could completely blow their cover, it wasn't worth the risk.

"Sure," Louis answered before Harry could decline.

Whipping out her preppy phone, not that he was one to judge, Harry posed on the other side of the girl, kissing her cheek. Squealing, she clicked the volume button and the shutter snapped.

"Just one thing," Harry said before she could text her friends, or whatever they did these days. "We are supposed to be in LA, so if you could not tell anyone until the concert, that would be amazing."

The girls face fell, her eyes casting downwards.

"Yeah, sure, totally," she said, disappointed.

"What's your name, sweetie?" Louis asked, trying to raise her spirits back up.

"Annie," she answered, glowing at Louis' pet name.

"Why don't we do this, Annie. If you can keep this on the down low until this concert, we'll follow you on Twitter, okay?"

"Okay?" Annie exclaimed. "You're so amazing, thank you!"

"No problem, Annie." Harry added, pulling out their receipt and a pen from his pocket. "Write it down here, we'll give you a shout in a bit, thanks."

"O-M-G!" Annie shrieked again, quickly writing out her username. She handed the paper back to Louis and shrugged her shoulders with a grin. "Well, I'll be off. This is officially the best day of my life, thank you so much!"

She ran into the restaurant, Louis grinning at her back. He loved meeting fans, even if it earned him a slap upside the head from Harry.

"Ow," he complained half-heartedly, still smiling from their encounter with Annie.

"You deserved it, she might still blow us."

"Yeah, but it's so cool to think that we made her day."

"You're right," Harry replied walking towards the car. "I still can't believe where we are."

"Well right now, we're headed for the open road!" Louis cried, following him in the dark parking lot.

"And we have a hell of a ways to go," Harry replied.

--

Thoughts on the baby and Brianna?