A Girl Can Dream

While the teacher was blah-blah-ing about some new lab we were going to do, i started to think about the tall guy i bumped into. Of course.

"Shelina?" the teacher asked from his desk. "Where are you?"

"Here," i raised my hand.

"Come up here and take this textbook," he said.

I got up and my face heated up, knowing that guy was watching me. i took the textbook and went back to my seat.

"Well class, tomorrow we meet at the lab," the teacher dismissed us.

Everyone quickly rushed out the door as the last bell rang. I didn't dare look back at that guy. Okay maybe i should stop referring to him as "that guy." I'll just refer to him as Mr. Handsome. Or Mr. Cute. Or Tall Whitie. Or... okay i give up. I'll just refer to him as "coconut," okay?

So yeah, i didn't dare look back at Coconut.

As i walked down the school front stairs, Heather came up to me. "Hey."

"Hi," i smiled.

"Lets work on the English project at my house, okay?"

"What project?"

"Werent you listening?" she chuckled.

I laughed. "No, not really."

"Yeah we have this Romeo and Juliet book report, and we hav to work with a partner. So i chose you," she grinned.

"Oh, cool, but I can't because i just moved here and im not really familiar with the place and we dont..." i realized i was babbling.

"You moved here? From where?"

"New York."

"Wow that's so cool! i have always dreamed of going to New York City."

"Yeah," i chuckled. "Toronto is pretty cool though."

"So your house?" she asked.

"Well see the thing is..." I was trying to debate on whether or not i should open up to her.

"What happened?" she asked, obviously confused.

"No, it's just, me, my mom, and my little sister moved here 2 weeks ago, in an apartment. And like we have a house back home in New York... and like there's a lot of boxes and it's just super messy," i laughed nervously.

"Oh, your parents got divorced? im so sorry!" she covered her mouth.

"No, no, not a divorce, we came because we have a lot of family and relatives over here, and plus, i guess we just, my mom just wanted to um.... try something new,... as in.. a new life, ya know?" i tried to explain. But it was harder than i thought.

"Yeah totally! so lets just go to the park, or the um... the library," she said, smiling.

"Yes! that's perfect," i gave her a huge smile. "So, um, this Saturday?"

"Yup! See you then!," she waved and walked towards the other street. i waited for my uncle to pick me up. He told me we'd go shopping today.

As i waited, someone walked past me. Someone tall. Somehow i just knew it was Coconut. I saw him go inside a red car. I tried to see who was driving but i couldn't. The person had a red hoodie on. It looked more like a scarf. Weird.

After 15 minutes, my uncle arrived.
"Seriously?! What took you so long?"

"Sorry, i had to pick up your sister, but then the teacher started talking to me and then i lost track of time."

"Yeah, you did," i mumbled under my breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two long sweaters, one cardigan, four maxi dresses, 1 pair of UGG boots, 2 pair of jeans, and 5 scarves. Yes i literally spent all my Eid money savings today.

After a while of eating, doing homework, and surfing the Internet, i decided to watch TV.

My sister cried for Disney Channel so i was stuck watching Cinderella with her. But i just couldn't help but imagine me as Cinderella and Coconut as Prince Charming.

Of course i knew it was impossible, and Coconut would never want me, or want anything to do with me.

But i mean, a girl can dream.