Mosquitos

"Yay, now we can spend our Thursdays and Mondays working together after school," said Heather said.

i laughed. "Yeah, i know." 

But my mind was somewhere else. I looked past Heather and saw Adam talking to this girl with a red dress. Seriously. But i mean what did i expect? It's not like Adam is Muslim.

Red Dress Girl waved goodbye and Adam came walking towards us.

"Hello? Earth to Shelina!" Heather grabbed my shoulders and shook me.

"Hey Shelly," Adam nodded his head toward me.

"Hey!" i said, a little too loudly.

"Oh, you guys know each other?!" Heather asked, excitedly.

She really needs to know when to shut up. But i mean, when you only have one friend in the entire school, you can just cut her off.

"Yeah," i smiled weakly.

Plus, Heather is really really pretty and so so nice. And if i didn't meet her, i'd be a loner for 2 weeks.

After that Adam just walked away. Great.

"Heatherrr," i said, a little agitated. "He left."

"Yeah so? Oh, you... you like him? Im sorry, i didn't mean to-..." she started to say.

I cut her off. "It's fine."

"Adam is a jerk," she said.

"Wait, what? He is?"

"Yeah."

"How do you know?" i asked, curious.

"Well, it just seems like that, i mean he's got the looks and he's mad chill, and a lot of girls like him, but he doesn't really pay attention to them. He just waves them off kinda, like they're mosquitos," she explained.

My mood completely changed. That literally just turned me off. All of  a sudden i became irritated... with Heather. But it's not like she did anything.

like they're mosquitos

Guess im just another mosquito.