A Changed Heather

Heather quickened her pace and tried to catch up with Adam.

"You're the most retarded person I've ever met in my entire life," she snickered behind him.

"Excuse me?" Adam turned around to face his biggest nightmare.

"You obviously don't know that Shelina is pretending," Heather smirked, trying to pull off her plan.

"What? Didnt i tell you to leave me alone like 5 months ago?" he asked, annoyed.

"Well, don't tell me i didnt warn you. I mean you must be really stupid to like my best friend," Heather said.

"Your best friend? She came here like 2 days ago," Adam snickered. Then he turned and walked away.

"Okay, your choice, whatever," Heather said in a warning, playful tone.

Adam ignored her and quickened his pace. But her words kept spinning in his mind.

~~~~~~~~

We only had a week left before the Romeo and Juliet assignment was due.

And me and Adam haven't even started.

I walked toward the table in the back of the cafeteria where me and Heather always sit. Even though she's been acting weird and fake lately, I guess she's the only option i have right now. I know its been a month but still. I cant risk being left a loner.

"Heyy," I said, feeling exhausted.

"Hey girl," said Heather, applying dark purple lipstick on her lips.

"Wow, you never wear makeup, " i teased.

Her face darkened for a moment.

I sat in front of her and took out my lunch.

"So how's everything?" Heather asked.

"It's okay I guess, i mean that Romeo Juliet project is giving me stress. Me and Adam didnt even start," I whined.

Heather took out a piece of white stick and put it in her mouth.

"Oooh," I cooed like a 5-year old. "Is that candy?"

She rolled her eyes. But the white stick was still in her mouth while she took out her phone to text someone.

I took a bite of my sandwich as I watched her. This is not the Heather i met 29 days ago.

"So, like, what's neww, how's lifee," I said, trying to kill the awkwardness and start a normal conversation. After taking another bite of my sandwich, i looked up and froze.

The end of the white stick glowed red. Heather took the white stick out of her mouth and bent down to release a cloud of blueberry-scented smoke.

I was still frozen. I didn't dare say a word.

"Oh please, it's nothing. It doesn't do anything fham, trust me," she laughed. "You should see the look on your face girl."

I started chewing my food slowly.

"You wanna try it? It tastes mad good, like blueberries, and it's just water vapor," she said. "Nothing scary." She laughed again.

I laughed. I took out my phone and opened Snapchat to record her.

She bent down to let out another cloud of smoke.

I bent down to record and then wrote this girl tho.

I saved it and put it on my story.

"Shelina?! Did you just put that on Snapchat?!" Heather asked.

"Yeah, it looks so cool," i laughed.

"No delete it, i wasnt ready," she said in a I'm-trying-to-be-nice-but-delete-it-or-I'll-kill-you tone.

"Okay, okay," i said defensively while deleting it.

"Anyways, i had enough blueberries for today," she laughed. She pulled up her shirt revealing a belly piercing.

"When did you get that?" I asked.

"Why are you so nosy?" she asked irritated. She grabbed her Michael Kors handbag and walked away.