Chapter 23

It was around 10:30 when Alexa and I decided to go home, of course not to the same place. I gave Joel a kiss on the cheek and hugged Alexa tightly. After the long goodnight I walked out to my car whilst Alexa went to hers. I struggled to unlock the door but when I did I got in as quickly as I could as it was a bit nippy outside. As I turned the engine on I also put the heating on trying to get some warmth into the car.

The car soon became warm and I started backing out of his drive way and on to the road where I would face a 35-40 minute drive. To be honest I don't actually mind like no drives, it's kind of relaxing. I just get time to myself to think or sing along to the radio. I turned on the radio and the song 'firework' by Katie Perry came on.

#magical time skip cos car rides are boring#

As I arrived home I realised it was 11 and walked in trying to not wake up my dad. I sneaked into the kitchen grabbing a water bottle full of fresh water from the fridge and make my way upstairs towards my room. As I walked in my room I noticed a pink box on my bed that was open, I heard a small meow and automatically squealed. I literally ran to my bed and grabbed the little white kitten with black patches on it. We cuddled for a bit until I got up and decided to Skype Joel, even though it was around midnight. When I saw him online I smiled before clicking on his user and calling it. As soon as he picked up I looked sad, trying to trick him.
"Hey Joel, I have something to tell you." I say looking like I was on the verge of tears. "Oh my god! Lizzie what's up?" He asked panicked. I slowly lifted up my hands revealing to him the cute little kitten that was cuddled into my palm. Joel let out a small awh as I smiled at him. "Wanna help me name him?" I asked quietly.
"Hmmm Tom? Jonathan?" He asked. Then the little kitty opened his eyes to see Joel on screen and meowed. "Hey little buddy." He said sweetly. (Joel not the cat) my eyes lit up and I grinned. "Buddy" I whispered. "I'm sorry what?" Joel questioned "Buddy" I said louder. "That's his name." Joel's smiled as I looked at the kitten deciding the name suited the little black and white cutie.

"On Tuesday you should meet me so we can buy stuff for buddy." Joel suggested. "That would be a great idea!" I squealed as the kitten meowed trying to wiggle out of my grip. Setting him on the desk I decided I should let Joel sleep. "Well you should be getting to bed, I just wanted to show you this little ball of fluff." "Yeah I should, got an early start tomorrow as well." I nodded and sent him my farewell before putting the kitten in his box and getting into pyjamas. After changing I walked towards the bathroom to do my teeth and take of my makeup off. One I had finished in the bathroom I made my way back to my room and fell into a dreamless sleep.