Chapter 3 - Frida

Frida got up. She ate. She read/sang/played the piano/listened to music/ did something else. She ate again. She went to bed.
Every day had the same boring routine. Every day was grey. Every day was lifeless. Even singing didn't make her as happy as it did before.
She had given up the hope to see her guy again.

One day she just got up and sat on the table having some fruits for breakfast and reading the newspaper when the doorbell rang. A short look at the clock, half past nine. Who could it be that early? In fact she wasn't interested in the person, she just wanted to stay on her own. Annoyed she stood up.

With a tired sigh, Frida opened the door. It was Inger, her best friend. She hugged Frida and shouted a big "HEEEJ!!!" Inger was always shouting because it was her way to show happiness and she was nearly always happy.
"Frida what's up, you're so quiet!" Usually Frida was shouting back. She was mostly happy too. But not now in these days.
"Well, I'm not feeling that nice...", Frida whispered which was actually not true. She felt just horrible.
Inger hugged her again and became quiet. "Tell me what's wrong, I'm a shoulder you can cry on", she said with a normal voice.
Frida sighed. "It's just... Oh, come in, it's a long story."

They sat down on the sofa and had a cup of tea. Chai, Frida's favourite type.
"So, just tell me, I'm sure I can help you", Inger said with a little smile. Frida hesitated but then she told Inger: "It's... Well... I'm just... You know I was at this gig in Stockholm... And I sang in this bar... And everything went fine and then there were that three people and one of them stood up to take some beer and he looked up to the stage and we looked at each other and I can't describe, his eyes are just beautiful and so is his nose, his beard, his... Lips..." Frida stopped getting red. "So you are in love", Inger ended grinning like an idiot. "Well... Okay... Yes, maybe", Frida was shining like a star in the night sky.
"So what? It's great!", Inger shouted. Frida made a face, "Maybe it would be but there was that blonde girl looking like Barbie and really pretty and she sat next to him and... touched him and so... I didn't talk to them... And now I'm here in the middle of nowhere and can't expect to see him again anymore...", Frida said and then she began to cry silent. "Oh, hej, don't cry, everything will turn into good, I'm here, don't cry", Inger hugged her best friend for the third time this day. "Shhhh", she made. And slowly Frida calmed down.
"And now we'll make a plan!", Inger said determinedly.

"What do we know about him?", she wondered. "He has a beard and... blue... eyes", Frida whispered. "So you would recognise him", Inger asked. "Of course!", Frida exclaimed, "and somehow I think I've seen him before." "That's normal", Inger laughed, "when you meet the love of your life it's always like you have knowledge him for you whole life." "No, I don't mean this, I mean, I saw his face somewhere before." "When you think so. In this case... He has to be a musician", Inger wondered, "You only remember musicians, don't you?" "Mmh... Yeah, could be..." "But which one? It would make it easier if we knew his name."
Frida jumped up and went to her LP collection. "Come, maybe he's on one of the covers!" Inger followed her and then they sorted the LPs. They were a lot but Frida and Inger were together and had a good teamwork: Inger put away all without any people on it and those with women only. Frida watched the others carefully.
Some minutes later Frida squealed excited. The Hep Stars,the pianist, the new one, Benny Andersson! He was the guy from the bar!
She showed Inger and then watched the picture. It wasn't that good quality so she couldn't see his unbelievable beautiful eyes but the body was just perfect too. He was a little podgy, but Frida liked it. She thought it was cosy and great to cuddle. She hugged the picture tightly 'til she heard Inger's laughter. "In love with a LP", she giggled. And somehow Frida joined in her laughter. It was the first time for more than a week!
"Okay, so what are we going to do now?", Inger asked. "Well, don't know", Frida said deeply in thoughts. Benny Andersson... A beautiful name for a beautiful guy...
"Huhu, wake up please, you'll never get him when you're concentrated like this!"
"Okay okay", Frida said, "but I really don't know what we can do." "First of all we'll never give up!", Inger shouted and Frida giggled.
"No but serious, we have the advantage that he's famous", Inger wondered. "Advantage? I think it's more a disadvantage", Frida said confused. "Well, maybe when we found him but now it's useful because you... Can go to a concert? And you know where he lives, at least mainly." "In Stockholm? But you know, Stockholm is very big! And a concert? I'm one among hundred of crazy teenagers. And it costs too much!" Inger nodded, "Yeah, but it's worth a try because you could see him and maybe he'll recognise you?" "Don't think so and if he would remember me as The girl who stared at me", Frida said sad.
"Stop! You have to be more optimistic. I'm sure he doesn't like pessimists", Inger said strict.
"However, I haven't got the money for a ticket", Frida sighed. "Okay that's a problem", Inger agreed, "but we'll find a way I'm sure!" "Thank you a lot Inger", Frida hugged her friend and then they said goodbye because Inger had work to do and Frida finished her breakfast. The Hep Stars LP leaned on a bottle in front of her.