Chapter 21 - Benny

The smell of peaches in his nose Benny woke up slowly after a good nap with dreams of a wrinkled-nose-smile. He twinkled some times before he could open his eyes completely and while he was still busy with understanding why Frida's hair was right in front of his nose, he suddenly felt small soft fingers squeezing his hand firmly.
"Frida...?", he murmured still half in his dreams and although her face was covered by her hair he could see how the red appeared on it. But Frida still didn't move.
"I see you're awake, there's this cute red on your cheeks", Benny continued and cleared his throat, wait, did he really dared saying this? Continue, say something more!, his mind shouted and: "And could you please loose your squeeze a bit?", his mouth obeyed, oh no, please, I don't want to let her go and what if she gets this wrong? Continue! "I mean, I love the feeling of your hand...", oh no, it became even worse, stop, rewind the time please! Quickly he forced his mouth not to say a word anymore but it was too late, the words were already spoken.
Why did he say it, oh why? He could feel Frida's heartbeat against his chest speeding up and then she suddenly moved, her eyes were wide when she looked down on their hands. Benny couldn't hold back the laughter about her reaction, she was so cute!
She looked up, her eyes still wide and green, so green. Benny leaned forward, he couldn't think anymore and then his lips landed on her nose, her beautiful snub nose with the freckles on it.
The skin was even softer than this of her hand and his lips wanted more, they wanted her lips but he didn't dare it. So he leaned back again a bit upset but the touch still burning on his lips.
Benny felt her heartbeat against his, both were faster than usually, his fingers against her hand were aflame and from his mouth and his hand the fire spread out on his complete body.
And then he yawned. Embarrassed he closed his eyes but then he heard a strange "Hrchi?", sounding like a sneezer or something and a second he reflected if he had to say "Bless you" but he has already started to laugh, "You are so cute when you are sleepy", his mouth said before his mind has thought about it.
Frida became red again and then she bit her lip and Benny became crazy, he squeezed her hand and somehow he couldn't take his eyes off her lips.

"Ahem", Björn's voice took Benny in the reality again, he and Frida sprang apart and he shot an angry look on his best friend who sat next to Agnetha on his carpet... Stop, on his carpet? With Agnetha? Why didn't he hear them coming in? Wait! What if... Did they sat the whole time there, on his carpet and neither he nor Frida notices them? Agnetha and Björn on his carpet?
"Maybe you two lovebirds could continue that somewhere else? Alone?!", Björn said with an evil smile to Benny.
He wanted to reply a a good thing bit instead he felt his face becoming red and so he couldn't say something.
"Frida? It's getting dark already, don't you want to go home today?", Agnetha asked with a smile, Frida looked up, a wave of peaches met Benny and he could hardly think about why Agnetha has said this, what did Frida make wrong?
"Benny, you who became a gentleman somehow, don't you want to escort her, a lady alone in the night?", Agnetha continued smirking and there Benny understood, he looked down and tried to hide the smile on his lips, in the same time he became red and he saw Frida's face glowing too.

"See you tomorrow or later", Agnetha shouted and hugged Frida and then Benny. She twinkled and whispered in his ear: "When she comes back still unkissed, I'll have a serious talk with your parents, do you understand me?"
Then Björn boxed his shoulder, "She's your's man!", before he said "Bye and hopefully see you soon again" to Frida. Benny smiled but the nervousness was like a stone in his stomach.

Frida sighed and Benny stopped tapping the rhythm of Love Me Do on his legs but instead he thought of a topic they could talk about. He didn't know a thing about Frida's interests or her preferences and so he decided to ask typical, trivial questions.

"What's your favourite band?", Benny asked quickly the second question after an embarrassing but honest answer by him about his favourite colour.
"Do you mean band or music? I love Elvis Presley and The Hep Stars, I mean, I like them and the music is good especially the keyboard, I mean, the other instruments too and Svenne and...", Frida stopped and the blush appeared on her cheeks again. Benny felt a warmness around his stomach spreading out in his whole body and somehow it fluttered. "Hey, I like them too", Benny joked, "Do you know what? I think the keyboarder is the hottest guy I've ever seen", he laughed and quickly added a "Joke!" Frida laughed too, straight from her heart and said: "Oh yeah, he's hot" - Benny's heart missed a beat before it continued beating twice as fast on - "and when we both think that now, I bet he'll have a hiccup!" Benny laughed, "Ooh, poor keyboarder!" And then Frida laughed again causing Benny to laugh again and a while they just laughed until they continued their Asking-game.

Frida parked the car in front of a small house and they both stepped out. Benny watched the house carefully, it was small and red-brown, at least he thought so, it was dark already and only the moon was shining. The door maybe has been white years ago but the lack flaked off, the windows looked the same way. The garden was small too but just beautiful, all kinds of spring flowers blossomed and coloured the place in blue, yellow, red, violet and orange. Although everything was small and narrow it was absolutely beautiful!
Benny told Frida who stood there way anxious: "The house is just like you, small, cute and beautiful", he couldn't resist to add the small compliment, he didn't know where this courage came from. Frida looked down and murmured a small "Thank you", before she looked up again, a glimmer of red still on her cheeks, "So... Do you want to come in...?" "Of course", Benny answered curious about the inside.

"This is my kitchen... It's not as big as yours... There you can see the bathroom and on the left it's my bedroom... Nothing much to see... Living room... Do you want some tea? Or coffee?", Frida showed the small rooms fast and shyly although they were just beautiful. Benny couldn't get enough of the cosy pillows on the bed and the sofa, from the nice-decorated mirror in the bathroom, from the crooked ceilings and the creaking wooden floor.
He said "Yes" to the proposed coffee and looked around in the living room. One side was a big shelf full of books, no, there were some photos between them. Benny saw one of Frida when she was maybe six, a very cute one with space width and one of the teenager Frida, already as beautiful as today and to his surprise with a mic in her hand although she wasn't about fourteen.
Then there were two frames, one of them empty and one with an old photograph of a woman, a young woman with a beautiful smile. It looked way like Frida's so Benny guessed that it was Frida's mother. He remembered she was dead already and her father too, Frida didn't even know her father, that was the empty frame.
A wave of sadness and pity about such a destiny came over Benny and when he turned around to Frida, standing there, two cups of coffee on the table next to her and excusing about her "small and untidy flat", he couldn't help bursting out: "I thinks it's just perfect, it's cosy, it's beautiful, it's personal and I like it!" and then he just kissed her.