Chapter 11 - Benny

Benny couldn't sleep anymore. It was very early in the morning, around 7 o'clock and usually Benny wouldn't think about getting up before 10. But today he stayed awake his mind full of thoughts. Most of them were of course about Frida. And some were about Björn. Which was actually about Frida too.
Benny couldn't deny this whisper of jealousy in his head. It said things like "She likes Björn much more then you" or even "Björn took her away from you". Benny shook his head but the voice didn't disappear. But he didn't want to believe it, Björn was his best friend and he knew how much Benny liked Frida, he never ever would think about taking her away from him. But the voice stayed in his head and Benny stayed awake.

Some minutes later he sighed annoyed, stood up and sat down at the piano to play his mind other thoughts. His fingers wandered over the piano keys as he wondered which song to play. But he couldn't think about it very long because somehow his fingers began to play Frida's song like they had their own life. He played till the part where the song had to end because Benny didn't know what to play in the real end. Then he sighed and stood up again. Half past seven. Much too early to leave for breakfast at Björn's.
Benny went over to his phonograph and turned it on. En ledig dag. Like always. He laid down on the carpet right in front of the big boxes and closed his eyes. Immediately he fell asleep dreaming of Frida singing for him.

It felt like Benny has been asleep for only ten minutes but when he looked after the time it was 10 o'clock! Benny jumped up, turned off En ledig dag and entered the bathroom to get ready for today.

Half past ten Benny stood in front of his friend's house and pressed the doorbell. He waited. Nothing happened. He waited. Could it be possible that Björn and Agnetha were still asleep? He waited. He decided to ring once again. He waited.
Just when Benny thought about leaving because nobody was awake, the door was opened.
Benny started to say something like "Sorry if I woke you up again" but Björn stood there bending with laughter. Benny rose one eyebrow, his friend laughed really like hell. "What's up, Björn, why do you laugh that hard?", Benny tried to start a conversation but Björn couldn't speak, he just pointed the way to the kitchen. Okay..., Benny thought, took of his shoes and went over to the kitchen.

The first thing he saw was Agnetha. She laid on the floor, shaking with laughter. Okay..., Benny thought once again when he gave her an amused look. Agnetha looked up with tears in her eyes. She looked like she wanted to say something but then she had to laugh again and couldn't. Benny felt how the laughter reached himself and he couldn't do something but start to laugh too. Agnetha wearing her nightgown laying there laughing like hell was really a funny view.
But then Benny turned his head and saw that there was another person in the room too. It was... "Frida", his mouth formed before he got lost in her green eyes. A strand of her hair covered one of them and when he left her eyes he saw that her beautiful hair was totally tousled. Benny couldn't think something but Cute! He followed her hair with his eyes till it ended on a green dress... It was the same like yesterday, inviting Benny to watch her décolleté and her long well-formed legs.
Then Benny looked up again. He saw the cute blush around her nose and the nervous sparkle in her eyes and just had to smile. She was that sweet!
Frida gave him one of her wonderful smiles which made Benny's heart jumping with happiness. And his stomach grumbling with hunger.
So Benny watched the table, there were three used plates and one clean one. This one stood right beside Frida...
Benny sat down on the free chair. He heard how Agnetha stood up, still giggling but his attention was taken by a sweet breeze of peaches. And then Frida sat. She was so close that he could touch her by accident when he would moved.
Benny felt Frida's look on his face watching him too and a silly smile appeared on his face. Frida's mouth formed to a smile too, her lips opened and showed her white teeth which actually were kind of blue... Just when Benny thought so, Frida's lips closed quickly but the smile stayed.

"Huhu! Earth to the love birds", Agnetha interrupted their look. Immediately Frida became red again and Benny could feel a blush on his face too.
Before he could think about the fact that Frida didn't say anything against love birds Agnetha continued: "So, what do we want to do today?"
Benny looked up and saw how Agnetha watched especially Frida. His heart jumped, did it mean that Frida would come too?
"I would enjoy a day with you", Agnetha added smiling. Benny grinned like an idiot. A hole day with Frida! He could feel Frida's look on his face and nodded quickly too happy to say something. Björn agreed too and so all looked at Frida. Who thought about it a while. Please say yes!, Benny's mind shouted.
"I'd love to join you", Frida's warm voice said and then she smiled like the sun was rising.
She looked down her body and Benny followed her eyes till her bare feet. He bit back a laughter and the words "I can carry you...".
"Of course!", then Agnetha said smiling, "And you can use my hairbrush too."
'But you could stay in this sexy dress', Benny thought and tried to hold back the words coming out loud. Instead he reached for the blueberry jam which also explained the blue teeth of Frida, maybe she was just as blueberry fanatic as Agnetha was. Frida's hand laid right next to the glass and Benny couldn't resist to touch her soft skin more or less by accident. It was like electricity floating through his whole body and he had to force his hand to move back.

While Benny was eating, all the others have already finished, they discussed what to do. Frida didn't say very much and so did Benny. She was interested in everything in Stockholm and he was busy with eating.
Finally Agnetha and Björn decided to visit Skansen, the traditional museum park on Djurgården. A good choice especially on a warm and sunny day like today, Benny thought.
Frida showed the wrinkled-nose-smile and then she and Agnetha left to change their clothes.

"So guy, now it's your chance, isn't it?", Björn twinkled at Benny. "Well, maybe...", Benny replied and stood up. "Is my hair okay?" Björn just laughed. "Hej, not funny! It's very important to look good..." Björn laughed, "Keep calm boy, I know this feeling of you. Imagine my fear when I dated Agnetha. I mean she looks just perfect and I... Well, I do not." Benny rose an eyebrow, "First, I don't have to imagine it, I was the one who had to take you and your crazy mood and second, Frida looks even more perfect than Agnetha does! And I... You see my hair and my tummy. It's important that I persuade with other things! What's about my nose?" "Your nose?!", Björn exploded in laughter. "Oh please, stay serious", Benny said without any smile but then he had to laugh too. Even his nose was much less perfect than Frida's...