Chapter 8 - Frida

"Lycka till", Inger shouted and waved like an idiot. Frida tried to show a smile and started the motor. She felt pure panic, the way to Stockholm, many strangers, the guy with the angeleyes and a guy who liked her, not a very good mix to stay calm.
Frida took some deep breaths and then she drove on the road and soon she was outside of Eskilstuna. She turned on her radio, it was a Swedish children song, not the best but at least she knew the words so she could sing. As always she calmed down a bit while singing and then she thought about the party and how she could manage it.
The best would be to avoid any contact to Benny although it hurt. But hopefully this pain would be less then see Agnetha and him kissing.
But what should she do at the party. She just knew Agnetha and talking to strangers have always been a problem of her. Maybe she could ask for Björn and talk with him most of the time... But then she could make him false hopes...

The way to Stockholm was much too short this time. Frida drove slower to get the right way to Agnetha's home and then she arrived. She parked. She sat there and tried to manage her feeling of panic. She took a deep breath. She took another deep breath. She opened the door. She left the car. She stood beside the car. She closed the door. She made on step towards the house. And then she made another and another and she ran until she stood at the door and she pressed the doorbell.
Frida could hear the music and she could see the light and many shadows of people. The fear came back and grew.
Fortunately the door was opened because otherwise Frida would have left because of her panic.
And lucky Frida, it was Agnetha who opened. She saw Frida and a big smile spread out on her face. "Hej Agnetha", Frida said shy, "Happy birthday... And here, it's for you..." She gave Agnetha the little box with the chain inside. Agnetha gave her a big hug and Frida hugged back. A deep feeling of calmness filled out her body. Now she was here and now she had to take the evening. She couldn't go back anymore.
But then Frida looked up and saw angeleyes. Angeleyes, much prettier than she remembered. The lights of the party were reflected in the blue. Frida thought to see a sprinkle of recognising in it but that couldn't be. Then the eyes were closed a bit because of a smile, a happy smile, a welcome smile, a wonderful smile. Frida couldn't do anything else but smiling back. And Benny smiled again his beautiful smile.
"So...", Agnetha started and stopped Frida so from smiling back again, "Frida, this is Benny, Benny, this is Frida..."
Benny nodded and repeated: "Frida". And when he spoke her name it sounded that much prettier, so soft and carefully his mouth formed the word...
Stop!, Frida said to herself shaking her head. It's Agnetha's boyfriend and you don't like him. It hurt but she twinkled and left his eyes.
"So, that's me. Hej Benny! Nice to meet you.", Frida said a little bit too formally. But she couldn't hold back a smile.
Because she didn't know how long she could take it to stand right beside Benny to smell his perfume and to talk to him without touching him or smiling the whole time, she turned around to Agnetha and asked: "And who's Björn?" She didn't saw Agnetha's surprised look because she had to fought against the tears. And fortunately Agnetha pulled her through the people very fast so she couldn't watch back to Benny.

Björn was in a way a good-looking guy but he was just as other guys too. Boring. Normal.
Frida sighed and answered his boring question: "24 years old." Then to be polite she asked back: "What about you?", but she wasn't really interested in the answer. "24 too but I'm getting 25 in two and a half week." Frida nearly couldn't hold back rolling her eyes, he was like a 5-years-old. She looked around the room, the many people confused her. Björn stood up, "I'm serving some drinks, okay? I have to help Agnetha." "Sure", Frida said tired and leaned back in the sofa. She yawned, it was very late. And before she could think about it longer she was asleep.

Frida dreamed of Benny sitting next to her. He wound one strand of her hair around his finger and watched her. His angeleyes were full of love...

Frida woke up from her wonderful dream when the sofa seesawed. Somebody has sat down or has stood up. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around. There was Agnetha talking with a ginger-haired woman and some steps beside them... Benny! Immediately Frida closed her eyes again, she didn't want to proof her self-control. But she felt Benny's look on her skin and became a bit red. Suddenly it seemed to her like her dream has been no dream. Maybe Benny sat next to her for real. But why should he play with her hair?

When Frida opened her eyes for the next time, maybe she slept again but she wasn't sure, Agnetha sat beside her and watched her amused. Frida twinkled twice and asked: "What's up?" Her voice was very sleepy, she has been asleep again for sure. Agnetha giggled, "The party's over! You've slept the whole party through!" Frida tired looked around and saw that Agnetha was right, all guests were gone and the lights were off except one little lamp right next to the sofa. "Ooops", she made. Agnetha laughed, maybe she was a little blue. "But... What's the time?", Frida asked suddenly shocked, she had to drive home to Eskilstuna! "Around 3 o'clock but don't worry, you can sleep here", Agnetha answered, "Come, I'll show you the room." She walked away. Frida stood up and followed her into a small room which was totally filled with a big bed.
"Wow, thanks! That's really nice from you and Benny!", she shouted. "You're welcome but why Benny?", Agnetha asked with a confused look. "Uhm, it's your house, isn't it?", Frida asked slowly. "Mine and Björn's...", Agnetha answered as slowly as Frida. "Björn?", now Frida looked confused. "My boyfriend...?", Agnetha said, thinking that Frida had to be half asleep. "Björn?! Your boyfriend?! I always thought Benny was your boyfriend!", Frida shouted hysterically. Agnetha gave her a confused look again, "He has never been my... OMG! We never said any names and so you thought... And I thought... OMG!!!"
And then for Frida everything fell into place too. She has always thought, Benny was Agnetha's boyfriend and Björn was the other guy but actually it was Björn who was with Agnetha and Benny... "Omg", she whispered, "and I thought... Agnetha! I love youuuuuuu!" She jumped in Agnetha's arms and both fell on the bed. Agnetha laughed like hell, "Love you too but why..." "Because then Benny's freeeeeee!", Frida squealed and gave Agnetha a big kiss on the cheek. Agnetha smiled and cuddled her up. "Free for you", she said. Grinning like an idiot Frida rolled over the bed until she stopped exhausted. "God natt and wonderful dreams my sunshine girl", Agnetha whispered and left the room. Frida giggled hysterically and fell immediately asleep.