Chapter 17 - Benny

Benny felt Frida's warm breath on his lips, she was so close, her eyes focused him, the golden sprinkles glittered and the green was shining like spring itself. He took another deep breath but when he could nearly feel her soft lips he felt way observed.
He tried to forget it and concentrated on Frida again but he couldn't ignore the looks on his back.
Frida's eyes were watching him disappointed as he stopped and moved back again. Immediately he could his own dissatisfaction replacing the sparkling excitement.
Slowly he turned around determined to kill the disturbing visitors.
Björn. Of course he and Agnetha had to stop kissing right the time he and Frida wanted to begin.... uhm... kissing...
Slowly Benny realised that he has been going to kiss Frida... Frida! Her soft fingers left his as she watched Agnetha and Björn too.
Agnetha giggled and immediately Benny felt how his cheek got red. Frida squeezed his hand causing a pleasant shiver running all over his body.
He looked down at her, her hair was shining in the sunlight, it was a little tousled by the wind and her face was coloured by this cute blush...
"Do we disturb...?", he could hear Björn's teasing voice. Frida looked down on her feet but nevertheless Benny could see the red becoming stronger. He stroke her hand with his thumb. You don't have to feel embarrassed, he wanted to say, let them talk and kiss me.
But he knew too well that the moment was gone...
Frida looked up with a smile but this time her nose wasn't wrinkled in her special way. Maybe she was disappointed too? Maybe she also wanted to kiss him? Maybe...
Benny felt how Frida's pulse went faster. Did she read his thoughts? Unlikely. Did he missed something? Plausible...

"Oh, I'm hungry... Fancy eating something?", Agnetha asked just when they left Skansen. Frida nodded quickly and Benny couldn't help laughing, she was so cute. The others joined his laughter, Frida's hearty laughter seemed to tickle him to laugh more. It was like magic, surely everyone around got charmed by the golden light of happiness Frida gave. Benny couldn't believe his own thoughts, he definitely had to practise romantic thinking!

"Where do we want to go?", Björn asked, "Some restaurant or..." "What's about Benny's flat?", Agnetha proposed smiling, "I'm sure Frida would love to see it!" Frida got a little bit red but she smiled and nodded, her eyes sparkling with excitement. And of course Benny couldn't resist this look and so they headed for his house. Fortunately I cleaned the flat yesterday, Benny thought, I'd die if Frida saw it the way it has been last week.

Laughing and joking they went through the city of Stockholm, the spring sun on their faces and love in their hearts.
When they arrived at Benny's house there were some fearful seconds but Frida seemed to like the first view and when Benny guided them into the corridor she looked around very interested and soon she discovered the photos of Benny when he was a boy. She smiled, "You were quite cute...", her warm voice said and Benny was about smiling his head off.

"Could I help the lady to take her clothes off?", Benny couldn't resist asking the question in this way, somehow he was keen on making Frida laugh. And yes, she giggled and agreed, her eyes showed some kind of expectation and Benny couldn't help thinking that when they were alone she wouldn't mind getting undressed...
But they weren't alone, Agnetha was giggling too and Björn gave Benny a "you-got-her"-look. Benny just rolled his eyes but he was smiling.

The next room was the big kitchen. Benny loved this room, he liked to cook for himself and for other people and he used to say: "Home is where your kitchen is."
Frida looked around again and Benny proudly noticed her impressed look. Benny's kitchen always had to look perfect because he had to get motivated by cleanliness to cook one of his delicious meals.
"Benny's a very good cooker", Björn said and twinkled at Frida. Benny felt a short shiver of jealousy when he saw her smile but she turned around to Benny. Who felt like a winner, Ha, his mind shouted, I'm getting her smile, I'm the lucky one, I'm... But he felt way childish and so he forced his thoughts to stop this.
"Oh please, Benny, can you make this delicious Chili con carne for us?", Agnetha asked jumping around and gave Benny a puppy look. He smiled, she was really obsessed by his Chili, "Well, I could... Frida?"
Frida looked up, her eyes met his and he had to concentrate on her answer. "Yes...? Oh, I'd love to try your Chili...", she said with a strange gap after the "yes"... She gave him a wrinkled-nose-smile, as beautiful as ever. Benny'd never get used to it.
"Oh, great!", Agnetha shouted, "Then I can show Frida your flat while you cook... Björn, you help him, somebody needs to cut the vegetables!" Typical Agnetha, Benny thought turned around to the cooking place, hopefully there was nothing laying around in the other rooms...

Agnetha gave Björn a short kiss and Benny couldn't hold back his eyes wandering to Frida, how he wished she'd kiss him too...

"Tell me, how do her lips feel like?", Björn asked just when the door was closed. Benny was happy to stand with the face to the wall so Björn couldn't see him blush. "Uhm... Actually... We didn't kiss...", he said awkwardly. Björn laughed quiet, "Yeah, of course, and my name is Santa... You two lovebirds, you were that red, of course you kissed. How was it? Is she a good kisser? I bet so, I mean..." "Stop it Björn, I never touched her lips, really, you two stupid idiots interrupted us just when we... Well... You know...", Benny felt the red making his face glow. Björn fell silent.

"Did we really...?", he asked after a while. "Yeah, you did! And by the way, I'm sure her kisses are sweeter than honey pie and vanilla ice cream together!", now Benny couldn't help thinking of Frida's well-formed lips and he thought of how they'd taste like...
"Agnetha's kisses are like strawberries with single cream just hundred times sweeter", Björn said dreamy, "And when she touches you it's like a message from heaven and when she..." "Oh, I don't think that I want to know more...", Benny interrupted him and laughed, "Are the vegetables ready?"