Chapter 1 - We Were Born To Die

Note to readers: Hey everyone thank you for the taking the time to check out my book 'How To Begin Again'. I will be publishing this book at the beginning of 2017 and it would mean so much if you could stay updated and buy a copy when it is released. I will be giving discounts to as many of my loyal readers as possible! To keep updated follow the instagram account I am using to promote with (@howtobegin) and more importantly I hope you enjoy reading!

Part One - Born to Die

Chapter 1 - We Were Born To Die

The moon glistened with intense beauty as Emily stared out into the bleak autumn night. As a shooting star fell from the sky, almost as if it had been forced to the ground, she made a wish. "I wish I could feel love for once in my life" she whispered, breaking the stern silence around her.

Emily was a 16 year old girl with magnificent brown hair and hazel eyes which shone miraculously in the gloom that enveloped her. She had been suddenly forced awake by a dream in which her parents had decided to separate. Could anything get much worse? she thought to herself recollecting the months of arguing she had pretended to ignore. "We are all born to die after all aren't we?". She spoke aloud as if talking to some imaginary ghost beside her. "In the end that's what it comes down to, we live our lives going through nursery, primary school, high school, college, we find a job, we find love and we have kids which we look after for countless years, we often miss out on opportunity and give up too easily, we grow old and frail and watch ourselves lose everything we've ever worked for: our mentality, our physical condition and then we leave our lives behind". As she spoke to herself in the dark she began crying. Not the type of upset crying or the angry type. Just the type of tears that mean nothing but everything all at once. These tears are by far the worst. But unfortunately Emily is right: we are all born to die.