Chapter 7 - Cases Of Bacardi Chasers

Part Two - Off To The Races

Chapter 7 - Cases of Bacardi Chasers

Emily woke up to the sheer sound of her alarm clock ringing it's familiar pitch in her ears. But as she lifted her head to turn it off she saw an unfamiliar sight perched on the edge of her bed. It was her mother: Helen. Alike to Emily her hazel eyes shone with wonder and her deep brown hair fell peacefully onto her shoulders.

"I've come to talk to you about something" She said half-heartedly forcing a smile.

"What is - is it?" Emily replied half awake.

"Your dad is going to be moving away for a while. We've decided it is the best decision for our family. I know it's going to be hard for you to understand but we both just need time to think"

Despite the emotions that were spiralling out of control inside Emily, she couldn't hide the fact that she had been anticipating this for a while however believed it would be like a storm that never came. But now she could feel the storm; it hit her hard as flashes of lightning encircled her eyes, hurricanes invaded her ears, thunder raced around her body and a tsunami of emotion flooded her thoughts. The tears that followed the emotion were uncontrollable. Her mother wrapped her warm arm around Emily as she sobbed into her stomach. Helen kept on her strong face as she whispered to Emily "We're going to have to build the republic of heaven where we are my darling, because for us there is no elsewhere".

*

Adriana woke up with a dense feeling in her head as the alcohol forced it's way out of her system. She clutched her head as the pain became unbearable. Rushing out of her room, she swayed side to side dizzyingly until she reached the toilet and forced out the fiery remains from her stomach.

Although Adriana had regretted drinking she immediately longed for the satisfaction it gave her; she didn't have to worry about her mother or any other problems that had come face to face with her. It was an escape from the cruel reality.

She wanted to escape again. She wanted to live in her own paradise. So as these thoughts burned through her skull she rushed downstairs into the kitchen and opened the first cupboard she saw. Expectedly she saw half a bottle of Bacardi staring at her and as she opened it and took the first gulp she felt herself escape from her life. Her life filled with anguish, terror and fright. But as she felt the liquid possess her throat she was unaware that her life would soon be spiralling into the depths of a bottomless pit of despair.