Chapter 5 - Let Me Kiss You Hard In The Pouring Rain

The moon kept a watchful eye on Adriana as she gulped the dark liquid. Jamie had dropped Evan off at his house and was still driving recklessly as he took Adriana home. Rain poured outside the car and Adriana felt as if she was drowning in a sea of sorrow.

She lost all feeling as she was bewitched by the deathly plague of alcohol which latched to her like a sinking ship, dragging her towards the bottom of ocean. Her fall from grace was unpleasurable yet inevitable.

"How are you feeling?" said Jamie whilst smiling at Adriana.

"I'm at war with m-myself" uttered Adriana, sounding more and more like her mother.

By this point Jamie was already pulling around her street, sharply applying the brakes, allowing the car to come to a sudden halt outside her house. He went around the side of the polished car, opened the back door and helped Adriana out. She stumbled and leant skewed, disoriented and unsettled against Jamie while the smell of aftershave invaded her nose. He held her tightly as if letting go would mean losing her forever. Adriana was wrapped around his arms whilst they stood on the edge of the pavement. Her blue eyes sparkled with a glimmer of paradisical wonder.

She gazed up at him in awe as the mystery of his blue eyes encapsulated her - a phrase which here means dazzled and dizzied her to the point she couldn't even talk about. Adriana tried to remember the many memories they had shared through their childhood. But in such difficult circumstances you tend not to remember what happened and there comes a point where what you remember becomes what happened.

"I'm tired of feeling crazy" Adriana mumbled, "I'm lost".

The words were meaningless to Jamie as he was lost in her eyes, unable to comprehend what she was talking about. He stared long and hard into them until something filtered into his mind: she wanted to be loved. Upon this realisation he swam deeply into her thoughts and lifted the anchor of the ship sinking in her mind. He leant into her face and their noses touched undoubtedly. At that moment they shared a warm embrace which would be imprinted on both of them for a lifetime, until death did them part. Despite the rain pouring hard on both of their backs they lived through the kiss which Adriana wished would stay with her for eternity.

Unfortunately life is cruel to us all and the moment Adriana and Jamie shared that night would wash away in the rain. Nothing lasts forever and what doesn't kill you only makes you weaker.