Chapter 6 - Feet Don't Fail Me Now

As Adriana stumbled into her home she lingered on the event that had just unfolded before her. Growing up alongside Jamie she knew his unpredictability. Could this be true love she thought to herself as the alcohol pervaded her insides.

She slumbered up the staircase and discovered that her mother had gone out, however this didn't surprise a drunken Adriana. Feet don't fail me now she prayed. Upon crawling into her tiny, single bed nostalgia hit with incredible strength as she remembered a moment from her childhood.

Jamie and her were around 12 years of age and the sun shone with elegance down on the earth before it. They were re-enacting Romeo and Juliet in the back garden as Adriana's mother appeared with two ice-cold lemonades for them. Taking the drinks from her mother they shared a smile which made Adriana happy.

At this point in her life she could never imagine that everything would fritter away and her mother's mentality would deteriorate. However like many things in life: love, friends and family don't always last forever. The only guarantee all of us on this planet share is the certainty of death and as Adriana laid on her bed that night she understood this more than ever. She understood this as she slowly cried herself to sleep and would only understand this in true times of desperation. All she wanted was love and for the first time in life she thought she had it, but it would soon be slipping through her fingers like her mother's kindness.

End of Part One