Chapter 49

"Oh c'mon Azad," Harry fussed under his breath. "Ow.." He whimpered and bent over with his elbows on the counter.

Luca heard his daddies displeased sounds, running into the kitchen from the living room and grabbed the iPhone from the table. "Daddy I call papa now? Azad comin'?"

"No, no - Luca," Harry took a deep breath, exhaling as he stood upright with a fairly convincing smile. "I'm okay - he's okay too."

Luca carefully touched Harry's swollen belly, smiling when he felt his baby brother wiggling around and practically doing flips. "He's movin' daddy, movin' lots!"

Harry put a hand on Luca's head, absentmindedly massaging his head and subconsciously calmed his own pain by focusing on Luca.

"Daddy?" Luca repeated, not realizing his daddy had momentarily zoned out.

Harry bit his tongue and inwardly cringed through another sharp pain, feeling a lot of movement from Azad. "Yes, Luca.."

"You're lyin', I'm calling papa now." He announced after watching his daddy pull a funny face that didn't look too comfortable.

"I'm fine - feel." Harry put Luca's hands where the baby was, feeling as Azad moved lower which in a medical terms Harry was experiencing lightening.

Which meant Azad was moving down in Harry's pelvis, making breathing a lot easier for Harry but would also make him feel the need to use the bathroom more frequently. Lightening was a sign of labour but that didn't necessarily mean labour was happening at that moment, lightning could happen weeks in advance.

And judging by the fact that Harry's water hadn't broke, he was safe from going into labour. Which he was more than thankful for because Zayn wasn't set to come back to England until next Sunday.

"Why's he doin' that?" Luca looked under Harry's tummy, assuming that's where Azad would come out. "Does he want to play with me? I can get toys."

Harry laughed, nudging Luca away and tactfully picked him up now that he could breathe easier. "It's not time yet, couple more weeks."

"Oh," he hummed. "I'm hungry."

"You go play, I'll make the three of us some snacks." He kissed his cheek, setting him down in the doorway of the kitchen.

Luca looked up at him, "I can help daddy, I can."

"It's alright, you play and I'll get snacks. Maybe we'll pop in a movie too." He smiled.

Luca started bouncing in excitement, "Turtles! Turtles!"

"Go dig out the ninja turtles movie," Harry sighed with a halfhearted laugh.

He zipped out of the room, babbling on about ninja turtles and Harry slowly took a seat at the kitchen table. Resting his elbows on the tabletop and put his head in his hands, breathing deeply.

"Azad baby, stay put." Harry murmured softly, "Your papa can't get here any sooner."

He felt a kick in return, taking that as an agreement to stay put so he got up and opened the fridge. Pulling out things for sandwiches, grabbing some grapes and two juice boxes as well.

Harry grabbed his phone, dialing Zayn's number and hoped he was calling at the right time.

"Babe, hi." Zayn answered, "How's my boys?"

He smiled at his voice, "Luca is protective and hyper," Harry momentarily paused to think about his words. "Is it at all possible for you to leave early?"

"No," he drug out his words. "Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing - nothing's wrong. It's just -" Harry sighed, feeling Azad moving again. "There's a lot of movement with Azad and I think I'm going to make an appointment for tomorrow to check on him."

"What do you mean? Good or bad movement?" Zayn wasn't quite sure what Harry was getting at with his vague wording.

He shrugged, toying with a grape between his fingers. "I'm not sure. I just want to be sure he'll stay another week or two."

"Fuck," he cursed under his breath. "I'm going to miss this aren't I? Even if I leave right now - fuck, fuck!"

"No you're not, I'll make sure he stays put." Harry tried to assure, knowing full well that wasn't something he could actually control.

"Well can you at least call my mum and make sure she knows what's -"

"Ahh!" Harry suddenly shrieked in pain and cradled his stomach with a spare hand, cutting Zayn's words off completely.

Luca came running, eyes wide and startled because he's never heard his daddy make that sound ever and the expression on his face didn't look too natural.

"Daddy," he whimpered. "Are you okay?"

Harry tried his best to smile, "Yeah, go play. I'll bring snacks out soon."

"Harry call my mum, she can get there. And Waliyha's only twenty minutes away, call her and she can at least be with you." Zayn rushed, suddenly in a panic and already getting his things arranged to fly back to England. "Call your mum and sister too."

He shook his head, "Zayn I'm fine, it's nothing. He's just kicking a lot."

"Daddy!" Luca squealed, pointing to the wetness on the ground.

"Shit," Harry cursed under his breath. "Go get daddy a bath towel from upstairs, run quick like a bunny."

"Harry what's going on," Zayn nearly shouted in his ear, at a complete loss as to what was happening on their end.

He sighed, "I'm in labour - I need to hang up and start calling."

"I'll get on the first flight I can," he rushed.

Harry pushed a hand through his hair, gritting through a sharp contraction. "Don't get in an accident trying to hurry back here. You'll miss delivery since I was scheduled for a c-section but I promise you can be the first to hold him."

"Okay," he paused with an audible sigh. "I love you."

He smiled, "I love you too - ahh!" He accidentally yelped through another contraction, taking a second to gather himself again. "I need to call, ahh - bye."

Luca came running, throwing the towel on the ground and started cleaning the mess like he's always seen daddy do when he spills something. Harry dialed for an ambulance, knowing he couldn't wait for a family member.

Once he knew help was coming he got himself to the front door, sitting down on the ground with Luca and kept his calm as he called family members. All the while keeping a slightly hysterical Luca calm.

Azad was coming and judging by his contractions, he wanted out sooner rather than later.

___________________________________

authors note: all I have to say is baby Azad is finally coming! Who's excited?!