Chapter 2

This afternoon Harry had received a call from the daycare, saying that Luca was sick and needed to be brought home.

Apparently the toddler had thrown up once he woke up from a nap and then tucked himself away in the cubby room, knowing that when you're sick you get automatically sent home and today was orange slices day and Luca didn't want to miss that.

But the toddler was eventually caught, cleaned up and his daddy was called and informed of his current situation.

"Daddy I do not feel icky, I go back?" Luca questioned, trying to seem overly happy about his words because he really wanted those orange slices - they get them once every two weeks because the daycare is on a rotating food schedule.

Harry smiled, setting Luca down on a swivel stool beside himself. "No bug, you can't go back today because they don't want you getting the other kids sick. If you're feeling good tomorrow, then you can go back. But not today, you're with me today."

"I not like be here, smell funny." He pulled a face, not liking the smell of Harry's dental cubical or the general smell of the dentists office.

"It's just very clean," Harry laughed softly. "Which is why you aren't allowed to touch any of daddies things, alright. Otherwise you'll have to sit up by the ladies at the check-in desk."

Luca pulled his hand back, two inches from touching the small stand with multiple shiny tools, and put his curious hands in his lap. "Why you touch and no me, daddy?" He questioned once he saw him picking up some of the tools and switching them around.

"Because I'm a dental hygienist so this is my job, plus we're getting ready for someone who needs a simple teeth cleaning." Harry held up the tools he was speaking of, "These are for a filling cavities, so I don't need any of these anymore."

Luca opened his mouth, "I have one?"

Harry stood up and moved around some things, being cautious of the toddler on the moving stool. "No, you don't have all your teeth yet and I know for a fact you brush twice a day - sometimes more so you shouldn't have any cavities once you're a bit older."

"Why, daddy?" He questioned with a furrowed brow and a seemingly intense expression.

"Because I'll be very sad if you have cavities, teeth are my specialty so my child should have nice clean teeth." Harry grabbed a folder from the slot, glancing at his next patients dental history. "Right so I'm going to go get my next patient and I need you to stay put, which means absolutely no touching anything or even thinking about removing your bum from that chair."

Luca's eyes went wide for a couple seconds before he put his hands on his head, "Uh-oh, I think it. I sorry daddy, I stay here."

"You're so bloody cute, bug. I'll be right back." He murmured as he kissed Luca's head, then headed towards the waiting room to call his next patient back.

Harry hadn't looked at the name on the folder until he was standing in the open doorway, "Zayn Malik." He gasped, feeling like the wind was being knocked out of him because Zayn Malik wasn't just another patient.

Zayn Malik wasn't just another person, he was the Zayn Malik from the internationally famous boy band One Direction but he also happened to be Harry's ex-boyfriend and Luca's biological father.

Which nobody knew Zayn had a child except, Harry, his mum and his sister Gemma.

Zayn and Harry started dating when they were around fourteen and fifteen, almost two years later Harry got pregnant right before Zayn was set to audition for The X Factor and they didn't tell anyone. Harry decided Zayn should go and audition, regardless to his current situation and Zayn promised he wouldn't completely forget Harry or the baby and he'd come back to them afterwards.