Chapter 9

As soon as the door buzzer when off Luca was hollering, "Door daddy!"

"Thank you Luca." Harry laughed, heading towards the front door once he pulled dinner from the oven and tried not to laugh too much because this has become Luca's newest thing - shouting like a goat to announce things.

He opened the door and Zayn was stood holding two cartons of apple juice, smiling like a nut.

Harry gave him a slightly odd look, not sure why Zayn was being overly excited about the situation and stepped back to let him inside. "Luca can you come here, someone's here for you."

Within a split second Luca came running down the hall, stopping midway to examine who was at the door and them started running when he realized it was Zayn. "Papa!" He squealed excitedly, throwing himself at Zayn's legs and hugged them tightly against his small body.

Zayn looked down at the toddler, seeing him wearing the beanie he thought he'd lost and Luca was head-to-toe in One Direction merchandise - that had his face and name scattered across the material. He looked at Harry, completely speechless as he handed over the apple juice.

"Luca can you bring these into the kitchen for me, Zayn brought them for you." Harry spoke up, knowing by the look on Zayn's face he had a thousand questions but didn't want to ask them in front of Luca.

Luca peeled himself off Zayn's legs, kissing his thigh before he grabbed the juice from Harry and skillfully started down the hallway - balancing both cartons in his small arms.

"Why is he dressed like that, those outfits are for little girls - he's a boy." Zayn practically hissed once Luca was out of earshot.

Harry shrugged, folding his arms over his chest. "I know what gender he is. It's what he wanted to wear and I wasn't going to tell him no, he carried the outfit all throughout the store after he saw it and he's been wearing it for two days now. He won't let me wash it and he doesn't want to wear anything else."

"My son will not cross-dress. I don't care how old he is, he's not wearing that." Zayn spat, disgusted Harry even let him be seen in the outfit.

"He's three, it's a tiny phase and he likes it because your face and name is on it. Zayn he just wants to be close with you, he thinks you left that beanie for him and he's been sleeping and bathing with it on." Harry didn't see what the big deal was, especially since Luca wearing girl clothes wasn't hurting anyone and it made the toddler happy.

Zayn huffed out a frustrated breath, irritated that Harry didn't see why this whole situation was fucked up because Luca should not be wearing clothes outside of his own gender. "Are you trying to make him gay, like is this some twisted way to get back at me?"

"Are you serious right now, I invited you over so we could talk but you're acting like a total prick for no reason. He's a little boy Zayn, who cares if he wants to wear one girly outfit." He was completely thrown off by Zayn's negative attitude.

"I do, I care because my son will not be a fucking p*ssy like you!" Zayn shouted, forgetting that they weren't the only two there.

Harry's mouth opened and closed, unable to find his voice because he couldn't believe the words that just left Zayn's vile mouth. "Get out, I don't want you here or around Luca if you're going to speak like that. You're turning out to be your father, it's sickening and exactly the reason why we'll never be together again so take your homophobic mouth and get the fuck out of our lives. We didn't need you before, we don't need you now."

"Whatever, you were such a wh*re back then I doubt the kid is even mine." Zayn spat angrily, turning and opening the door; making sure to slam it loudly on his way out.

Harry pushed both hands through his hair, exhaling a big breath and prepared himself to break the news to Luca but wasn't exactly sure how to go about explaining the situation that just happened in easier terms.

"Papa no love me, daddy. You lie, he no love me." Luca sobbed behind him, dropping to the floor and cried hysterically because unbeknownst to the adults the toddler had heard them arguing and witnessed the whole fight.

Harry's heart dropped at the sight, trying not to cry himself as he scooped Luca up and comforted him as much as he could but the toddler was extremely distraught. Luca ripped off the beanie, tossing it to the ground and buried his tear streaked face against Harry's chest as he continued to hiccup through his sobs.

_____

Harry had taken a day off, giving him a three day weekend and decided to take a trip to see his mum with Luca because the toddler was still upset and not speaking since the ordeal with Zayn a few nights prior.

"Can you unbuckle yourself or do you need some help?" Harry questioned softly once he had opened Luca's door.

He stayed silent, maneuvering the buckle and undid it himself.

Harry helped him out of the vehicle, setting him down and brushed his fingers through Luca's disheveled hair. "Nana's waiting inside for you, I'll grab our bags."

Luca kept quiet as he went up the steps, jumping to reach the buzzer and waited for nana to open the door while Harry unloaded their bags and came up the steps at the same time Anne opened the door.

"Luca you're so big now! What is your daddy feeding you?" She teased, squatting down and kissed the toddlers cheek; giving him a hug.

Harry cleared his throat when Luca didn't answer, "Mum he's not feeling good but I bet some of your baking would help cheer him up. Don't you think so bug, you want to make something with nana?"

He looked up at him, giving him a blank look and went into the house without a word. Harry sighed and Anne gave her son a worried look because her grandson is never unhappy, especially to the point where he doesn't speak.

"What happened?"

"Zayn happened, and now everything has gone to shit - not that it was ever perfect but Luca isn't the same anymore and I'm running out of ideas." He took a shaky breath, already feeling his eyes gloss over because he hates seeing his son like this. "Mum I don't know what to do and I can't continue like this, I need help with him."

She pulled him in for a hug, maneuvering around the bags Harry was holding. "Sweetie you should've come sooner or called me and I could've came to you, you don't have to do this on your own. I know you're trying to be strong but it's okay to let someone help you."

"We just need some time away from London, it'll be good for the both of us." Harry reassured, feeling a small weight lift off his shoulder because he knew his mum was there for him no matter what and the sense of security felt good.

She kissed his cheek before she pulled away, "Gemma said she'd be round tomorrow and maybe she can take Luca out, that way you and I can have a talk because I know you aren't telling me everything."

He smiled, briefly wiping his eyes before they started to water. "Luca hasn't seen Gem since his last birthday so he might possibly be happy to see her."

"If not, I'm giving him a couple sweets." She smiled, pulling him into the house and went to find the toddler.

___________________________________

(authors note: you all kept saying that Harry was being too mean to Zayn, but surprise surprise - he deserved it all along because now his true colours are coming out. And poor little Luca, he's so sad.

Do you think Zayn and Harry will be able to work past this, and do you think Luca will get over this anytime soon?

Comment, comment, comment!!!)