Chapter 4

"Luca, now I need you to be on your best behaviour today. Someone's coming over so that means no yelling, be polite and remember to talk. I know you get shy, but it's okay. I'll be right there too." Harry got down on his knees in front of the toddler, straightening out his clothes and pushed his fingers through his disheveled hair a few times in attempt to tame it.

Luca nodded, watching his daddy tuck and untuck his top a few times before he decided to leave it untucked. "Who comin', daddy?"

He paused a moment, smiling softly at the toddler before he went back to sorting out Luca's already tidy clothes. "Your dad wants to come see you."

Harry had already decided he wasn't going to lie to Luca, especially not when the situation was already difficult enough and throwing lies into the mix won't help anything so honesty seems the best route at this point.

"You not daddy?" Luca questioned, not fully understanding what he was saying because he's always known Harry to just be his daddy - nobody else.

He smiled, "I'm your daddy, but you have another one. Remember a couple days ago I said I had a boyfriend who helped make you, that's your other daddy and he wants to come see you today."

"I go new daddy?" He questioned, not sure where he was supposed to live now or who he was meant to go with.

Harry stood up, lifting Luca up and placed him comfortably on his hip as he carried him downstairs. "No, you're staying with me. Your dad just wants to visit with you for a bit and then he has to leave, but you might see him again after today - I'm not really sure."

"Do daddy love me?" Luca further pressed, genuinely curious about this mystery parent.

He glanced at the toddler, seeing he was intently fiddling with the buttons on his button down. "Yes, and he'll love you even more when he meets you."

Luca wiggled out of Harry's hold, going over and pulling out his drawing supplies once his feet touched the ground. "I love him and you and nana and Gem."

"Well that's good, all those people love you very much but I love you the most." Harry squatted down beside him, kissing his head and absentmindedly fixed the toddlers hair again. "You're my little bug."

Luca smiled at him, nodding his head and held up a drawing. "You have, daddy."

"Oh thank you, I'll add it to the fridge. It's very beautiful." He praised, not having the slightest clue what the drawing even was but loved it regardless because it was something of Luca's.

When the door buzzer went off, Luca's eyes went wide and his lips curved up into a smile. "Who here?"

Harry lifted him up, "I think it's your dad, bug."

They opened the door together, Luca waved once he laid eyes on the dark haired man that had most of his features. "Hi Zayn." Harry stepped back, letting him into their flat and closed the door behind him.

"Hey, I'm a bit late." He apologized, but Harry had already partly expected him to be late so it wasn't a huge issue.

"It's alright. Zayn this is Luca, Luca this is Zayn - your dad." Harry introduced, trying not to laugh when the colour practically left Zayn's face at his words.

"Hi Zen, I Luca." Luca smiled, giving him a small wave.

Zayn's eyes were wide, unsure of how the hell he was supposed to respond because he and Harry hadn't talked about telling Luca who he was to him and this was a lot to process at once. Not to mention Luca literally looked like his double, and it was all overwhelming.