Chapter 55

Harry followed Zayn into the building, choosing to strap Azad into his ergo baby carrier than have to worry about maneuvering the bulky buggy through the potentially busy and crowded hallways.

As they went along countless people stopped Zayn to talk, giving Harry a good indication that this was most likely where Zayn was going all hours of the day and night. Hopefully.

"Who was that guy?" Harry questioned softly as they walked away, heading towards a hallway of private studios.

Zayn smiled, giving Harry's hand a small squeeze with his own. "Someone I'm thinking about possibly working with in the future, as a collaboration."

"Oh," he murmured as they entered a studio sound room.

Zayn let go of Harry's hand, going to shake hands with the guy that was behind the large table of flashing knobs and controls. Having a few hushed words before Zayn introduced Harry and Azad, plucking the infant from the carrier around Harry's torso and simultaneously kissed his heated puffy cheek.

"This is what I've been working on," Zayn announced the moment the studio went dark and a picture projected up onto the wall.

Harry stood speechless the moment he heard Zayn's voice, having been so used to not hearing him sing entirely on his own. Watching the screen as Zayn appeared with a female Harry didn't recognize, she reminded him of Perrie but this girl had a softer — more natural and innocent look to her overall appearance.

Once it was over Zayn was looking at him expectantly, "What'd you think? It's called Pillowtalk and it'll be my first solo single."

"Who was she?" He questioned softly, keeping his eyes where the screen had once been. "How do you know her enough to put her in your video like that?"

Zayn sat in the chair with Azad, bouncing him some on his knee. "Gigi Hadid, she's a model. They only found her because she was in some sports magazine in the US awhile ago, she's up and coming. Just like my solo career."

"Could you maybe do the video without her?" Harry gently took Azad back, once again tucking him into his carrier.

Zayn laughed, "What? Why? Gigi did amazing."

He shifted on his feet, "I'm not comfortable with the concept of the video. What if Luca sees that, how do I explain what's happening?"

"He's a kid, he'll probably only notice the colors and things." Zayn assured, "I wouldn't worry about it."

"Zayn.." Harry continued to fuss, genuinely not okay with the video. "Please, could you just reshoot or something?"

He laughed, shaking his head. "Babe this video wasn't cheap, I can't just reshoot the entire thing when this is already finalized and approved. They've already started talk about the video coming out within the next week."

"I'm not showing it to Luca," Harry stubbornly swore.

"Okay, I didn't think we would anyways." Zayn stood up, "I'll see you at home tonight yeah."

He nodded, stepping forward and giving him a brief kiss. "Mhm.. I need to go get Luca from school."

Zayn was already turned towards the sound guy, talking about a melody for something. And Harry took that as his cue, leaving with Azad.

__________

"Mum I honestly loathe that video beyond belief, it's portraying Zayn as a straight man." Harry huffed into the phone as he made dinner. "Not to mention it's a slap in the face to me because we're meant to be engaged and Zayn only seems to care about trifling around town with a perky, young blonde. I'm sick of it!"