Chapter 14

Harry had been waiting all morning to bring up the topic of Zayn, unsure of when he should talk to Luca about possibly seeing him today because they've had such a good morning together and he didn't want to spoil the toddlers entire day.

Luca plopped down in Harry's lap, leaning forward as he continued to colour in the new colouring book he'd received as a present from one of his daycare friends.

The toddler had loads and loads of art supplies because almost everyone got him something art related and Luca was head over heels with each and every item, right down to the kid friendly coloured pencil and crayon sharpener.

"Hey Luca, daddies got a really important question to ask you, yeah." He brushed his fingers through Luca's disheveled hair, reminding himself that he'd have to sort that out if they were going out in public.

Luca batted Harry's large hands away from his head, trying to focus as he coloured in his picture.

He smiled, "It's about papa."

"My papa?" Luca stopped colouring and looked back at Harry, glancing over his shoulder and mumbled his words in a small voice.

Harry nodded, unsure of what Luca was feeling or thinking because the toddlers expressions were unreadable. "He wants to spend some time with you today, do you think that's something you might want to do?"

He nibbled on his bottom lip, looking down at his colouring book and closed it.

"What do you think, bug?" Harry prompted when Luca still hadn't answered.

He shrugged, "You comin', daddy?"

"Only if you want, I will."

Luca mulled it over some more, mirroring the same worrisome expression Harry gets at times but managed to still show the brooding expression Zayn has. "Okay, we go see papa."

"I'll let him know, then we should start getting dressed." Harry smiled, proud that Luca was going to give Zayn a chance and kissed his temple. "Can't go out in our pajamas."

Luca smiled, poking Harry in the nose. "You weirdo."

"If I'm weird, you're weird." He fake snapped at Luca's fingers, making the toddler squeal and jerk his hand away.

"No daddy, just you weird." Luca mumbled as he got up, pecking Harry's unsuspecting lips and started off towards the staircase.

He smiled watching the toddler walk away, slightly heartbroken that his baby was growing up but proud that Luca was so independent and could think for himself.

_____

Harry and Luca sat outside on the step as they waited for Zayn, Luca was sitting diagonal in Harry's lap and kept himself occupied with the buttons on daddies top.

"Bug can you please leave daddies shirt how it is?" After having sat through Luca buttoning his top completely up and then unbuttoning several times over.

He shook his head, "It open too much, keep closed." Luca explained, re-buttoning Harry's top properly and smiled proudly once he was finished. "Like that daddy, no touch."

Harry laughed when he quickly unbuttoned four buttons, only to have Luca re-button them within seconds and give him a disapproving look in the process. "Alright, I'll wear my top like this if it makes you feel better."

Luca stretched up and kissed just under Harry's chin, "Love you daddy."

"Love you too Luca." He murmured as he sprinkled the toddlers face in small kisses, only stopping when Luca's laughter stopped.